The Official Washington/Feely/Faneca/Jones Are Gone - Deal With It Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

So I've been thinking about it all day.

At first reaction, based upon my history of being a pessimistic, negatively toned, annually downtrodden Jets fan, I was upset with all of the cuts & trades of key veteran players of this franchise. My gut instinct was to immediately declare that RexTanny was disrupting the chemistry of a team that was 30 minutes away from a Super Bowl. "Blowing It Up" so to speak.

I've thought about it long and hard and it's time for me of all people to declare, "Enough of that". Perhaps that line of thought is what's exactly been keeping this team down for decades? Happiness with the status quo, settling for something we think is good enough, when in reality it's not. This was after all, a 9-7 team this year that made an impressive playoff run. While inspiring for us all, it was still a 9-7 team.

This franchise has gotten nowhere with conventional thinking for 40 years and it was unconventional thinking that brought the Jets to where they made it in January. Let's give this a shot and see where it gets us because as we all know, it can't possibly be any worse that what we've suffered in the past.

RexTanny is trying to transform this team's DNA from a perennial loser to a winner and I of all people, will finally take what many of you have tried to do for years, transform my fan DNA into someone who believes in this team.

With the exception of some more work to the defensive line, the pieces are there and there's no reason to believe we can't win it all. There really isn't.

Let's give RexTanny a chance to make this work. I think it's blatantly obvious that we've not dealing with the Edwards/Mangini/Bradway Axis of Incompetence here, so hell, why not give it a shot. After 30 years as a Jets fan here and many more for some of you, could it really be that bad?

I agree with every single move the Jets have made, GOB. I love where this organization is headed. I get the sense they know how to cut ties with players now. All I keep thinking about is how the Steelers always know when it's time to let someone go. They let Joey Porter go, when he was arguably one of the better LB's in the league, and who steps in? James Harrison. They don't re-sign Faneca and they win a SB.

I hope the Jets become like the Steelers.

At first reaction, based upon my history of being a pessimistic, negatively toned, annually downtrodden Jets fan, I was upset with all of the cuts & trades of key veteran players of this franchise. My gut instinct was to immediately declare that RexTanny was disrupting the chemistry of a team that was 30 minutes away from a Super Bowl. "Blowing It Up" so to speak.

My gut instinct is that you already had a thread about this written out until your sudden change of heart, undoubtedly ending in:

SOJ

My gut instinct is that you already had a thread about this written out until your sudden change of heart, undoubtedly ending in:

SOJ

Thing is, nothing the Jets are doing is SOJ. The Jets of old would hold onto inadequate veterans for a year or 2 too long, or even give them extensions in their old age for way too long (See: Curtis Martin).

Decisions that need to be made later need to be made now. Keeping Faneca and Leon around this year would have caused nothing but drama.

LOL it's all in fun but I am being serious. Maybe this is exactly what the Jets needed and some of us don't know it? I don't....but all I do know is that the Status Quo has gotten us nowhere so what the hell, who says all of this change isn't exactly what is needed.

I told a few people this...I honestly would take a team full of registered sex offenders, if it meant a Super Bowl title for the Jets.

I like to think I care about character, class and personality anymore, but I'll be honest, I don't. Bring me thugs, criminals, malcontents, I don't freaking care anymore...just bring us a Super Bowl Rex.

LOL it's all in fun but I am being serious. Maybe this is exactly what the Jets needed and some of us don't know it? I don't....but all I do know is that the Status Quo has gotten us nowhere so what the hell, who says all of this change isn't exactly what is needed.

I told a few people this...I honestly would take a team full of registered sex offenders, if it meant a Super Bowl title for the Jets.

I like to think I care about character, class and personality anymore, but I'll be honest, I don't. Bring me thugs, criminals, malcontents, I don't freaking care anymore...just bring us a Super Bowl Rex.

+10000000000

Im more excited about the Jets than i was last week. Our draft picks make a dangerous team more dangerous. I dont see Faneca,Jones as a loss but as replaceable and upgradable parts in S.Greene, Ducasse. Washington was only going to help us on special teams this year with Tomlinson in the mix, and drafting Knight gives us a younger cheaper option with a similar skill set that we know would be at full health week 1.

Drafting Kyle Wilson was huge. Consider who we were trotting out there behind Revis last year while our defense ranked #1 vs. the pass. We replaced Shepperd/Strickland with Cromartie/K.Wilson. Jets style needs a FB to lead block so I was glad we got arguably the best one in the draft to replace Richardson after 2010

Its all about Sanchez's development. The rest of the talent is there:cheers:

the "hole" in the jets roster is basically DE, right ?

not QB ?

not LT ?

not CB ?

not RB ?

not WR ?

and here is the list of DE candidates already on the roster ;

Meshaundra Ellis

Mike Devito

Rodrique Wright

Ropati Pitoitua

man o man, I remember when the jets had a half dozen holes on the roster after the draft

and here is the list of DE candidates already on the roster ;

Meshaundra Ellis

Mike Devito

Rodrique Wright

Ropati Pitoitua

man o man, I remember when the jets had a half dozen holes on the roster after the draft

Don't forget Vernon Gholston. :character43: Seriously.

Don't forget Vernon Gholston. :character43: Seriously.

really amazing how this kid could make our year, right ? I mean if he turns out to be about the 24th rated RDE it could be that last missing piece of the puzzle

First rate thread, GOB! :cheers:

I agree. Someone else brought up the way the Steelers have done this for years. I use them as an example all the time. From Odonnel to greg Lloyd to Kevin Green etc etc etc. They let guys go when they are getting towards the end and they groom younger, hungrier, more aggressive players to step in.

It makes me afraid to act like this if I'm being honest. I am simply not used to it. But what I AM used to is sucking and falling short and I'm tiiiiiired of it.

I'll trust them until they give me reason not to.

GO REXENBAUM!!!!!!!!!:Ban:

Pro sports is much different than when we were younger. There was a time when a player would be drafted by a team and spend his entire career with that team.

Now the Only constant thing in the NFL is change.

There will be more changes before the season, we have to trust in Rex that he is doing the right thing.

The NFL stands for Never Fall in Love (with players).

I loved Leon, and certainly Faneca was a veteran class act and good run blocker. Jones was a lockerroom leader.

But they're gone now and its time to move on. I'm not going to bash this team for cutting ties a year early. We let go of Coles last year, and the timing in hindsight was perfect. He was putrid for the Bengals last season.

You can't worry about chemistry in today's NFL. You can only worry about putting the best product on the field. This is a young man's game, and all 3 controversial players we let go of are getting up there in age.

And in any case, Faneca was never brought in to be a longterm solution. Neither was Damien Woody, who can't be far behind in getting let go. Next season, we'll probably draft another lineman early (unless Slauson/Turner/etc prove to be worthy of earning starting roles) and finish the job of solidifying the starting unit.

I also believe the Callahan will adequately get Ducasse ready to take one of the starting spots in year 1, whether it be at LG or RT.

Archived