Dustin Keller

flgreen

Jets summer questionnaire series: Tight end Dustin Keller

Published: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 10:00 AM

user_default.png Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger

Follow

Share this story

Story tools

dustin-kellerjpg-91441cc91530ee1a_large.jpgTony Kurdzuk/The Star-LedgerTight end Dustin Keller says his goal for this season is to know what everyone on the field is doing.

The jump from Year 1 to Year 2 in the NFL is seen as a critical one, but Dustin Keller has his eye on making big strides in his third pro season, too. The tight end talks about the next step in today's summer questionnaire:

What are your plans for the break?

For the most part, I'll just stick around here. I took a couple trips and saw my family. I don't find all this stuff too stressful. It's a lot of fun, just a great opportunity we've been given. We're just blessed to be here. I just want to be part of it as much as I can. I'm in this facility as much as I can. It's a beautiful place, you never get burned out. As far as trips and stuff, I went to Jamaica in the offseason, which was a good time. Definitely relaxing. It was good.

What are some things you'd like to improve on this year?

Just our team, everybody knowing everything. If I go out there and make a block, and I know what T-Rich (Tony Richardson) is doing, that makes my job much easier because I know where I have help and I know where to play a little more on a guy. Just knowing the whole picture. My first year was more me getting my job down. Second year was kind of the same thing, only faster. And now I just want to be able to know what everyone on the field is doing.

Who do you think will be the breakout player on the Jets this season?

I think (Antonio) Cromartie. He's had a really good offseason; he's playing really good football. With him opposite of (Darrelle) Revis, it could get ugly for some offenses this year. Real ugly. I'm also excited to see Shonn Greene this year jump into a starting role. I'm excited to see him, because he had a big year in the playoffs. This offense has a lot of potential.

The Jets are launching a Junior Flight Crew cheerleader program this summer. More information on the team's site.

Archived