JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

1701118506328.jpg

Welcome to the 2024 JetNation Mock Draft - Discussion thread

Clock begins Monday, March 25 at 9:00 am. 

This is the "Discussion" thread.  Use the "Selections" thread to place your selections.  Use the "Discussion" thread for everything else.

Read the JN Mock Draft rules below (also in Sections thread). 

Track everything draft related: picks made, upcoming picks, trades, available and selected player lists, in the JN 2024 spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sakn0O0AFFvUgR4SJzJWm-39l-PY5J4YNg0N3jH8wSI/edit?usp=sharing

You will be able to view, but not edit.  Contact one of the administrators if corrections are needed: @Lith @NYJetsVets91 @New York Mick @Dcat.

Rules:

1. Duration: The objective is to complete a full 7-round mock. It takes between 2 and 3 weeks to complete. All GMs must be committed to this time frame. 
  2. Trading: Trades are permitted, but only 2024 picks. Trading future picks or active players is not permitted.  For example, GM's are not permitted to trade for Brandon Aiyuk as part of a transaction.  Submit completed trades ASAP to the admins so that we can update the spreadsheet.  Trades should be reasonably close to the traditional JJ or Rich Hill chart values, give or take around 15%, but you are by no means bound to it.  Any GM managing more than one team is not permitted to trade between those teams.  
  3. Draft Clock: For Rounds 1-3, there will be a 3-hour window to make your pick or complete a trade.  The clock will run between 9:00 am and 11:59 pm EDT. The clock pauses at midnight and resumes at 9:00 without a reset. For example, if you go on the clock at 11 pm, the clock will pause at midnight and resume at 9 am so your pick is due at 11 am.  At the administrators' discretion, rounds 4 - 7 will likely be reduced to a 2-hour window.   
  4. Messaging: All GMs commit to checking to see if they have been tagged in the thread and/or messaged in their inbox.  Please activate your notifications in your JN settings and clear enough messages so your inbox is not full. 
  5. Notifying next 2 GMs up:  Mandatory.  All GMs commit to tagging (i.e. @T0mShane) and/or sending a direct message to the next 2 GMs OTC and on-deck.  
  6. Missed Picks:   If you know that you will not be able to make your pick during your time window.... PLEASE send the admins a prioritized list of players so we can make the pick for you. Include enough players to cover the number of teams picking before you. Two missed picks warrants ejection and replacement at the discretion of the admins.   New:  If the clock runs out, your pick will be skipped and other GMs will proceed.  You can submit your skipped pick when you return from the remaining pool of players.

2024 GM List:

AFC East
Bills - @New York Mick
Dolphins - @PepPep
Patriots - @Greenseed4
Jets - @Beerfish

AFC North
Bengals - @32EBoozer
Ravens - @#27TheDominator
Steelers - @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN
Browns - @JoeNamathsFurCoat

AFC South
Jaguars - @JustInFudge
Titans - @Maynard13
Colts - @section314
Texans - @GreenFish

AFC West
Chiefs - @Jdeet
Chargers - @Paradis
Raiders -  @Neilos
Broncos -  @sec143dmf

NFC East
Eagles - @Curse of Namath
Cowboys - @heymangold
Giants - @King P
Commanders - @NYJetsVets91

NFC North
Vikings - @Integrity28
Lions - @HawkeyeJet
Packers - @Lith
Bears - @maury77

NFC South
Buccaneers - @Matt39
Panthers - @bonkertons
Saints -  @kdels62
Falcons - @WhartonJet

NFC West
49ers - @bitonti
Seahawks - @T0mShane
Rams - @BroadwayBen
Cardinals - @Dcat

• Upvote 1

All KC Chiefs picks are available for the right price. We honestly don’t need anything to win another Super Bowl, so our ears are open. 

Taylor Swift, State Farm and Andy Reid’s nuggies have sponsored this post. All rights reserved. Any unlawful use of the statements made in this message, will be subject to prosecution and sentencing up to 3 years of listening to only Taylor Swift songs on Spotify. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

• Lith pinned this topic

Movin the Chains has their first mock tomorrow starting at 3 est. It’s a really good primer for our draft starting Monday. Jim and Pat do a good job not only picking guys but giving a good rationale for the pick plus other considerations. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Let’s Go!

I was pumped and then I realized Nick Caserio traded back and I don’t pick until pick 42.

Tantrum Crying GIF

For the record, I signed off on the trade.

Your team is loaded. Kirwin was saying yesterday that they are now at the point where they can start going BPA because Castro has really stacked the cubbard.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:46 PM, section314 said:

Movin the Chains has their first mock tomorrow starting at 3 est. It’s a really good primer for our draft starting Monday. Jim and Pat do a good job not only picking guys but giving a good rationale for the pick plus other considerations. 

missed it. I guess I can use the app, but is there a summary somewhere in their broadcast?  I used to always listen on the road.  

What's the over/under on how many times Kirwan says "When I was with the Jets' F.O., we....."  ?
Just one day I'd like to interject and add the word SUCKED after "we".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

missed it. I guess I can use the app, but is there a summary somewhere in their broadcast?  I used to always listen on the road.  

What's the over/under on how many times Kirwan says "When I was with the Jets' F.O., we....."  ?
Just one day I'd like to interject and add the word SUCKED after "we".

I listened till 15, my pick in JN mock (Colts). Top 15 no trades in this one Miller had odd numbers, Kirwin evens 1 Daniels 2 Maye 3 Williams 4 Harrison 5 Odunze. 6 Bowers 7 Alt 8 Turner. 9 Nabors 10 Latham. 11 Verse 12 McCarthy 13 Fauga 14 Fashanu 15 Arnold.  I think @Beerfish would explode if that were our pick.😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I listened till 15, my pick in JN mock (Colts). Top 15 no trades in this one Miller had odd numbers, Kirwin evens 1 Daniels 2 Maye 3 Williams 4 Harrison 5 Odunze. 6 Bowers 7 Alt 8 Turner. 9 Nabors 10 Latham. 11 Verse 12 McCarthy 13 Fauga 14 Fashanu 15 Arnold.  I think @Beerfish would explode if that were our pick.😁

Yikes. Williams is 3?  Yeah sure. They have gotten worse at it. McCarthy goes higher too. They are fun to listen to but they suck at this. I used to learn about cap issues from each team and other $$ issues that affect selections.  That stuff I miss. Their picks? Not so much. 

Bears may regret Williams. I'd be nervous as a Bears fan. Let's see in 3 years if he demands a trade.  Bears fan:

Actually it was his dad and it was for draft, he said any team who drafts him better be prepared to give a percentage of team. In another Caleb said he only wanted to play for  well run organizations. Which as Bear fans who at the time had 2 picks in top 5, history of bad management and just had DC have to retire for inappropriate behavior in the work place", and are cheap, took it as him talking about us. Majority of us want no part of him

• Upvote 2

Since Jets are “All In” on 2024, @Beerfishwill be looking to pull a Ditka. He is offering every 2025 & 2026 pick to move up select MHJ + a 2nd round pick (preferably in the 30’s) this year!

WARNING!!! THIS IS NOT  A REAL OFFER (if you’re dumb enough to think it is)

Edited by 32EBoozer
Gullible people
  • Haha 1

Teams are not 'well run' until suddenly they are.

Williams is going to a really good situation.

The Bears have built up the oline.

They have perhaps the most underrated player in the leauge in DJ Moore, they traded for an ultimate security vet Wr in keenan Allen, cole kmet is a better than average receiving TE.  Shane waldron is pretty good oc.

They have also started to work on their defense.

I'd rather go to the bears than minnesota or the pats or even washington

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Since Jets are “All In” on 2024, @Beerfishwill be looking to pull a Ditka. He is offering every 2025 & 2026 pick to move up select MHJ + a 2nd round pick (preferably in the 30’s) this year!

Why would i trade all that for the 3rd best wr in the draft?   😎

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

dude..  you're only going to confuse people. 

47 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Bears may regret Williams. I'd be nervous as a Bears fan. Let's see in 3 years if he demands a trade.  Bears fan:

Same. Caleb is a big risk. Ballsy decision for sure. Hopefully it works out for them. They’ve been worse than the Jets historically with handling the QB position.

38 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

WARNING!!! THIS IS NOT  A REAL OFFER (if you’re dumb enough to think it is)

I'd laugh if it were actually funny.  But it's not. Keep the day job. 

• Sympathy 1