Can't beat the Ref's - NFL you've got the last dollar from Me

Big_Slick

Good memory. And exactly right, results based analysis.. It's why every team's fans that doesn't have an elite offense bitches about thier OC incessantly. And at the end of the day, it's always more about the players. Look at all the hotshot OC's that went elsewhere and fell on thier face cause they didn't bring thier QB with them... Billick, Linehan, Martz, Cameron.. etc..

Yep, I'm not trying to offend anyone when I say this because I think some of the folks campaigning for Schotty's head are knowledgeable posters, but the blame the OC thing is one of the most juvenile knee jerk typical fan reactions you can have. 90% of the time the folks that take this stance, dont know their a$$ from their elbow, and its the easy argument to point at and make it seem like you got a grip on whats happening out there.

Good point, totally forgot about the confusion there. It was almost like the headsets went out. That being said, ball was in Kellers hands, he has to catch it.

Agreed about the Steelers too. I think these coaches, when facing stout run defenses like both of us have, try and get too cute sometimes. How many times in similiar spots have we seen a team go into the line 4 times and end up with nothing. I can remember people howling about it in 2008 with Mangini, forget what game, but remember it happenning..

Its one of those things where I guess you feel a certain flow of the game and when you watch at home you think you should go with it. The Pats game with Favre was the all runs around the goal. The Eagles game with Chad was the all pass, when Jones had his one good game of the year and they just went away from him.

I dont fault Keller so much for the drop. Hes not a great player and Sanchez didnt make a great throw because he was all screwed up because of the wasted time. Keller is what he is and he isnt getting better. I think we just have to accept that. Thinking more about it I think one of the reasons for all of the confusion was that the Jets started to second guess themselves about playaction and rolling Mark out. I think that is what they wanted to call and then probably remembered his TD in the last game against this team. I could imagine the call coming in, Rex hearing it and saying "you sure about that they will roll with Mark this time" and then chaos ensued. Double and triple guessing time. I know the team said the headsets were kicking in and out but the look on Marks face was more like "make a f'n decision" more than "I cant hear you". Often you can go to the refs about the headsets and get a break and then force them to turn them off to both sides. They never even seemed to mention it.

Yep, I'm not trying to offend anyone when I say this because I think some of the folks campaigning for Schotty's head are knowledgeable posters, but the blame the OC thing is one of the most juvenile knee jerk typical fan reactions you can have. 90% of the time the folks that take this stance, dont know their a$ from their elbow, and its the easy argument to point at and make it seem like you got a grip on whats happening out there.

Not only was it his fault It was the refs as well. You see, it's all fixed.

Thinking more about it I think one of the reasons for all of the confusion was that the Jets started to second guess themselves about playaction and rolling Mark out.

Second guessing requires having a first guess. Blaming the headsets is fine but the simple fact of the matter is that the level of situational preparation on this team is completely unprofessional and it's Rex's fault. The number of times this season when we found ourselves in a spot and nobody had any idea what to do was just mindboggling and such instances played directly into, just off the top of my head, the losses to Baltimore, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh.

Archived