Some Positives

Smashmouth

Positives:

Eric Smith went berserk the last few games and throught the playoffs. Very Impressed by the way he played and the way he hit. If we can get a top notch Safety along side him I think will be ok. We were better with him than Leonhard IMO. WR's and TE's fear ES

Mark Sanchez is the real deal and even if hes does not become the flashy numbers guy so many want him to be, hes damn clutch and a big time talent in big time games and in the 4th Quarter

Rex Ryan has proven he can be much more than one dimentional on Defense.

Shonn Greene should be our feature Back next year. Hes proven once again hes a beast.

Negatives:

Cromartie is just horrible when the ball is run outside might as well be non existent. Can we let him go free and sign Namdi? heh. Who else was cringing when Cromartie cowered into the fetal position as Mendenhall neared the Goaline ? It seemed like the ran outside to Cro's side damn near everytime.

Keller is a pussy and always will be a pussy. Did I mention Keller is a pussy ?

We are in need of some fast OLB's Pace and Thomas have not played well.

sh*tt is still the OC.

Positives:

Eric Smith went berserk the last few games and throught the playoffs. Very Impressed by the way he played and the way he hit. If we can get a top notch Safety along side him I think will be ok. We were better with him than Leonhard IMO. WR's and TE's fear ES

He's terrible and must be replaced

Mark Sanchez is the real deal and even if hes does not become the flashy numbers guy so many want him to be, hes damn clutch and a big time talent in big time games and in the 4th Quarter

Agreed, best thing about this season

Rex Ryan has proven he can be much more than one dimentional on Defense.

Agreed

Shonn Greene should be our feature Back next year. Hes proven once again hes a beast.

Not sure. He seems to really struggle when he's not the fresh guy beating up on tired bodies. I like him in his current role, if we can somehow find a workhorse.

Negatives:

Cromartie is just horrible when the ball is run outside might as well be non existent. Can we let him go free and sign Namdi? heh. Who else was cringing when Cromartie cowered into the fetal position as Mendenhall neared the Goaline ? It seemed like the ran outside to Cro's side damn near everytime.

Yeah but we knew that when we got him, he was never signed for his run stopping. I think he did a good job this season but I think we should let him go

Keller is a pussy and always will be a pussy. Did I mention Keller is a pussy ?

I hate that guy

We are in need of some fast OLB's Pace and Thomas have not played well.

Both look to be hitting a wall. One will stay for sure, don't have enough options to replace both with out other needs

sh*tt is still the OC.

Not for long hopefully

Responses in bold.

The main positive is Sanchez. If he keeps developing and we hold onto our big WR's, he will have a great future and in this passing league, so will the Jets.

Huge concerns on the D-line. Unlike some I have absolutely no faith in Jenkins. Ellis is almost as lock to go and Pouha is 31. I expect THAT is where we go high in the draft. Maybe even a few times, can't have enough strength in the trenches.

I say fight hard to keep both and let Harris go

Woah ?? Let Harris Go ? Hes a young LB and our Best LB and you want to let our defensive playcaller and heart of the defense go ?

Irish were you not impressed with Smith ? Sure hes not a coverage guy but I would love to see the Jets keep him and fill the spot next to him. Even if he does not start he would at the very least be good for depth or a fresh rotation at safety until we can find a playmaker that we lack in such a big way. If our Defense had a playmaker watchout.

Woah ?? Let Harris Go ? Hes a young LB and our Best LB and you want to let our defensive playcaller and heart of the defense go ?

Irish were you not impressed with Smith ? Sure hes not a coverage guy but I would love to see the Jets keep him and fill the spot next to him. Even if he does not start he would at the very least be good for depth or a fresh rotation at safety until we can find a playmaker that we lack in such a big way. If our Defense had a playmaker watchout.

I would also let Harris go. Too much money tied into LB as it is, I think he's a good player but nothing more. He got dominated by a TE.

Smith is a liability as a starter. So one dimensional. As a depth player he's fine, but when asked to start I think he's way too easily exposed.

Archived