Watching Paint Dry

JetNation

rsz_paint.jpg

As we wait for the NFL Labor situation to get resolved the NFL news business is pretty slow.  It seems that the owners have taken the fun out of the speculation game.  How can the fans build their dream rosters without any of the rules being known?

Will there be an 18 game schedule?

What does the salary cap look like?

How does free agency work?

There are certainly more questions than answers at this point.  The two sides did meet yesterday for their 12th day of negotiations.  Until all that is resolved the news will be lacking unfortunately. The one certainty is that the NFL Draft will take place.  Be sure to check out the JetNation.com Draft Forum for the latest info and yes, you guessed it, speculation.

Don’t forget that the NFL has turned the draft into a multi-day event.

Round One takes place on Thursday, April 28, 2011

Round Two is on Friday, April 29, 2011

Rounds Four – Seven will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2011

di</img>di</img>

_t8G55-aowc

View the full article

Anyone going to the draft this year? Who went last year? Was it fun?

Not sure about the actual draft. Others have asked us to organize a draft day party. What day would everyone want to do that? Thursday? Friday? Saturday?

I'd come Sat. Weekdays are a little crazy since i work 10 hour days at least. Never been to a Jetnation party but a draft day one sounds good.

Thanks. That's exactly why I think the NFL screwed the fans. Sat is now that later rounds. That just sucks....but I guess we can still use it as an excuse to have a party!

Thanks. That's exactly why I think the NFL screwed the fans. Sat is now that later rounds. That just sucks....but I guess we can still use it as an excuse to have a party!

at least on Sat we can discuss the picks..or Friday night can speculate and complain.. the Jets draft party last year was more of a PSL sales pitch than anything else

at least on Sat we can discuss the picks..or Friday night can speculate and complain.. the Jets draft party last year was more of a PSL sales pitch than anything else

Friday is round 2 & 3, right? That's probably the night. Bitch about the first round pick, and have mass discussions right up until the Jets' third round pick at the end of the night. With any luck, the Jets will trade out of the first, and then back up in the 3rd to provide some real excitement! :mellow:

Archived