Mangold Made a Funny

Maxman

Saw this earlier on twitter and thought it was hysterical. Erik from JetsTwit did an excellent job recapping it:

Jets Twit

a Blog by Erik Manassy

Nick Mangold Surprised on Twitter about 9.7M Delay due to Lockout?

Screen-shot-2011-03-12-at-5.40.51-PM.png by Erik Manassy on March 12, 2011 · View Comments

in Official Jets Tweets,Player Tweets

Nick Mangold is a jokester. He REALLY is one on twitter and as you know with emails, or tweets, it’s very difficult to tell if someone is kidding or being serious. Such was the case today when Manish Mehta put out this tweet and got this reaction from Nick:

TheJetsStream #NYJ $ matters: #NFL Lockout delays option bonus payments for Ferguson ($3.9M) & Mangold ($9.7M).No workout/roster bonuses for players too

nickmangold @TheJetsStream whhhhhaaaaaattttttt?!?

Now if you stopped the conversation here, you would be thinking oh-uh, what a way to find this out… On twitter. BUT come on, Nick is a much smarter guy than that. The conversation goes on:

TheJetsStream @nickmangold Follow me and I’ll DM you.

nickmangold @TheJetsStream it was a joke. I know I’m not getting anything for a while

TheJetsStream @nickmangold Figured as much. You’re a smart guy.

nickmangold @TheJetsStream that’s kind of you

3/12/11 4:32 PM

So make sure you read the conversation to it’s fullest. I know sometimes the conversation may not continue right away as was the case and blogs started tweeting all over the place but an hour later the rest of the joke came out. Such is the nature of twitter, it’s easy to take a tweet out of context without knowing how to pull up the full conversation.

So to tell the short version:

Manish from the Daily News tweets that Mangold's bonus is on hold.

Mangold acts like he didn't know about it.

Manish offers to let Mangold in on the details, not realizing Mangold was joking.

The best part is that Manish then went and deleted the tweet about Follow me and I will DM you the info. I can't find that tweet so it looks like it was deleted. Too funny.

Manish offers to let Mangold in on the details, not realizing Mangold was joking.

The best part is that Manish then went and deleted the tweet about Follow me and I will DM you the info. I can't find that tweet so it looks like it was deleted. Too funny.

Did you just recap a recap?

Did you just recap a recap?

I did. Primarily for the mods. Their attention spans are lacking.

Even better Manish sent a Direct message to @JetNation explaining that he deleted his tweet because he doesn't like clogging up people's feeds. I couldn't respond to his DM because he isn't following @JetNation. Joe Namath has over 15,000 followers. He follows 92 people, JetNation being one.

But we didn't make the cut as far as Manish's followers go. Oh well...:D

Mangold is my favorite Jet well actually NFL Player I think, at this point...EVER. But not so much funny here as is Manish teh, er...ah stupid. LOL, for real? "Follow me and I'll be the one to explain to you why you're not getting over 9 miiiiiillion dollars. LOL x 50. Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone would have already explained this to him in detail. Too f'ing funny.

Mangold is my favorite Jet well actually NFL Player I think, at this point...EVER. But not so much funny here as is Manish teh, er...ah stupid. LOL, for real? "Follow me and I'll be the one to explain to you why you're not getting over 9 miiiiiillion dollars. LOL x 50. Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone would have already explained this to him in detail. Too f'ing funny.

Yes I was being nice. It is pretty embarassing for Manish which is why he deleted the tweets. Hoping that they were not seen. Too late, lol.

Yes I was being nice. It is pretty embarassing for Manish which is why he deleted the tweets. Hoping that they were not seen. Too late, lol.

Absolutely. Hey, it happens to the best of us, a sometimes overwhelming feeling of self-importance...and with that said, sometimes it just takes an all pro Center to bring you back to reality, lol.

Archived