Braylon Edwards not worried about trial hurting his free agent stock

Kentucky Jet

BraylonEdwards isn’t worried about trial hurting free agent stock

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 22, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT

AP- Braylon Edwards may be willing to take a small discount to stay with the Jets, but he still has no idea what team he’ll wind up with in 2011. So he asked Mark Sanchez for a little inside information.

“‘You’re the golden goose, have you talked to anybody? What’s your feeling? What’s your gut instinct?’” Edwards asked Sanchez recently, according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “He gave me what he could, saying he really wanted me back.”

Edwards recently sold his condo in New Jersey, a good indication that his future is wide open.

Adding more uncertainty for Edwards is his potential upcoming trial on DWI charges. He expressed confidence he could win the trial and that his free agency stock won’t be adversely affected.

“I’m not the first person to get in trouble,” Edwards told Vrentas. “At the end of the day, whether it was right or wrong, it was a mistake made, a mistake learned. I don’t think it will affect it; if it does, it does, but I’m pretty comfortable with it.”

I like how Braylon isnt sweating this.

He made a mistake, let the authorities take care of that and let him go back to doing business. When the Pats were stealing championships I didnt see the commish all bent out of shape.

And especially the way this lockout is going, Braylon needs to take this sh*t as business because this lockout is obviously showing that this is what the NFL is in fact. Im a Jet fan, but he needs to take care of business so more power to him.

Archived