Kurt Warner: Players Have to give in for NFL to reach a deal

flgreen

Kurt Warner: Players have to give in for NFL to reach a deal

May

NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner urges NFL players to consider compromise because there's so much to lose the longer the lockout lingers. He notes that players, who average $1.7 million per year, risk missing game checks and time they can't make up on often-brief careers.

"I'm still optimistic that they're going to find a way to make sure there's football," Warner told Jim Corbett of USA Today. "The players have too much to lose. And as much as I hate to say it, at some point, the players have to give in. And, hopefully, they can gain some other things on their side.

"But ultimately, they have too much to lose."

"I don't think there's any question the players have to give back money," Warner said. "And we have to realize we've had it great for a number of years.

"We made a lot of money, and the salaries went crazy. As a player, you have to say, 'It's OK for us to pull back a little bit and make less.'

An NFL Network analyst who does not play anymore urges the players to take the sheety deal they are being offered.

I have to say the more this happens the more NFL sounds desperate!

At this point if I am a player i feel pretty good about my chances of not losing too much in the next deal.

Archived