Santonio Holmes to the redskins ? ? ?

kelly

Agreed with this, I think Cotch absolutely showed prior to last year that he was a legit #2 WR, and I don't think one down year changes that. The fact is even with the injuries, he rebounded nicely at the end of the year and into the playoffs, actually playing better after returning from the groin injury. One down year while injured hardly qualifies as a player being "washed up" in the least. That said, I would still be much happier with him as the Jets #3 and not having to count on any rookies or PS nobodies to be a significant part of the passing game.

Eh, he was dropping tons of easy passes BEFORE he got injured. He might have just had an off year, but you can't blame it on injury. He had more drops than Holmes and Edwards, and had signficantly less targets than them. He's good, but his performance last season was disappointing. I don't know if he's still capable to be a solid #2.

Eh, he was dropping tons of easy passes BEFORE he got injured. He might have just had an off year, but you can't blame it on injury. He had more drops than Holmes and Edwards, and had signficantly less targets than them. He's good, but his performance last season was disappointing.

Granted the groin injury didn't happen until later in the year, but the reports were that he was playing with the herniated disc for the entire season. That said, I don't disagree it was a disappointing year, but I'm not sure that leads to the conclusion that his career is essentially over.

Eh, he was dropping tons of easy passes BEFORE he got injured. He might have just had an off year, but you can't blame it on injury. He had more drops than Holmes and Edwards, and had signficantly less targets than them. He's good, but his performance last season was disappointing. I don't know if he's still capable to be a solid #2.

I doubt that Cotchery is anywhere near done. He had two more drops then Holmes. Yes Holmes had a lot more balls thrown to him, but he didn't have two extremely painful injuries. Disc, and a Groin. Bad stuff. Lets look at what the Jets WR's did in the playoffs when the balls really counted

Player Rec Yards Ave Yards per game

Cotchery 12 146 12.2 48.7

Edwards 9 164 18.2 54.7

Holmes 9 127 14.1 42.3

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&season=2010&seasonType=POST&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Seems to me the guys got plenty of game left

Archived