Why not Malcom Floyd?

GREENSMACKS

Perfect compliment to a smaller speedier Holmes. He basically started the whole year when Jackson held out in SD and performed pretty well. He would be much cheaper and probably could put up just as good numbers as Burress. I think he makes much more sense then the greasy handed urologist that is James Jones. Then for a 3rd WR perhaps shoot for a guy like Mark Clayton who could be had for cheap coming off an injury. Terrel Owens would be pretty good as well if healthy. Allows the Jets enough money to resign Cro and maybe a guy like Carlos Rogers and play him at safety.

Perfect compliment to a smaller speedier Holmes. He basically started the whole year when Jackson held out in SD and performed pretty well. He would be much cheaper and probably could put up just as good numbers as Burress. I think he makes much more sense then the greasy handed urologist that is James Jones. Then for a 3rd WR perhaps shoot for a guy like Mark Clayton who could be had for cheap coming off an injury. Allows the Jets enough money to resign Cro and maybe a guy like Carlos Rogers and play him at safety.

My order of preference ...

1. Braylon

2. Floyd

3. Plax

4. Moss

5. Jones

Clayton is still hurt, and not yet ready for play according to Spags.

Of course, if we could get DeSean Jackson from Philly, thed Edwards loss would be MUCH easier to take.

My order of preference ...

1. Braylon

2. Floyd

3. Plax

4. Moss

5. Jones

Clayton is still hurt, and not yet ready for play according to Spags.

Of course, if we could get DeSean Jackson from Philly, thed Edwards loss would be MUCH easier to take.

I heard the Spags quote but I think that could be gamesmanship to hurt his market so he signs for cheaper. He was pretty impressive considering the Rams number 2 last year would be a 4 or 5 on most other teams. Desean isnt going anywhere, at least this year. I'd love to have him on the Jets which would piss of Giants to boot

i bet PLax and Moss have a lot to offer for one year

multiple years I am not sure about...

I'd take Moss over Plax if for nothing else I don't trust the judgement of a guy who wears sweatpants to a high end nightclub much less shooting himself in the leg...

LT is 32 years old and clearly on the downside of his HOF career.

Edwards is 28 years old, maybe not a #1 to some people, but certainly a very productive receiver with big play capability, and probably on the field a higher percentage of the time than LT.

It seems to me that if the Jets were to cut LT, they would have enough money to sign both 'Cro and Edwards.

So let me ask you guys this. Would you rather have ...

1) Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, and Green and McKnight in the backfield

or

2) Holmes, Cotchery, Floyd/Plax/Moss, and Green and LT in the backfield?

LT is 32 years old and clearly on the downside of his HOF career.

Edwards is 28 years old, maybe not a #1 to some people, but certainly a very productive receiver with big play capability, and probably on the field a higher percentage of the time than LT.

It seems to me that if the Jets were to cut LT, they would have enough money to sign both 'Cro and Edwards.

So let me ask you guys this. Would you rather have ...

1) Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, and Green and McKnight in the backfield

or

2) Holmes, Cotchery, Floyd/Plax/Moss, and Green and LT in the backfield?

McKnight showed a lot in that Buffalo game but its just one game. Powell might turn out to be a find as he tore it up his senior year. I think LT brings some leadership so I dont know if I'd mess with that. If they were to cut him I think Ronnie Brown would be a nice signing on a 1 year deal as he can throw it and perhaps replace a little of what we lost in Brad Smith

McKnight showed a lot in that Buffalo game but its just one game. Powell might turn out to be a find as he tore it up his senior year. I think LT brings some leadership so I dont know if I'd mess with that. If they were to cut him I think Ronnie Brown would be a nice signing on a 1 year deal as he can throw it and perhaps replace a little of what we lost in Brad Smith

Good thought about Brown, didn't think of him.

Not sure we could squeeze Brown, Edwards, and 'Cro into cap, though, even if we cut LT ...

I'm not sure I'm an advocate of cutting LT, although it would be an option if they felt the #2 "younger" receiver was more important than the "older" #2 RB.

Good thought about Brown, didn't think of him.

Not sure we could squeeze Brown, Edwards, and 'Cro into cap, though, even if we cut LT ...

I'm not sure I'm an advocate of cutting LT, although it would be an option if they felt the #2 receiver was more important than the #2 RB.

Edwards although productive seems like a guy that will crap out when he signs a big contract. The Vikes choose a blocking first possession guy in Jenkins over him which says something. I think if you can get him cheap then go for it. He seems to be worried more about modeling and other crap at times.

Archived