Last trip to MetLife...

Just bought a house and the Mrs wants to have bairns ASAP....

these two financially crippling decisions/activities are gonna wreck my chances of any more trips to MetLife for quite some time.

I'm flying over from Edinburgh to Newark Thu 25th Oct....will be at Dolphins game 28th.....heading back 29th.

Will be at game early: tailgating and getting pished as you'd expect.

Was looking for some locals tips or advice for the best way to spend my trip. Got Thu and Fri to myself in Manhattan (Mrs is working in NY that week). Saturday will be spent how she wants. Monday is still up for discussion.

Would like a stadium tour but read they don't do this for individuals and need groups of 10 or 15. Seems a bit crap.

Will make my usual trip to the Jets shop and go daft there.

Would like to watch a college game or two in a lively bar on Sat if I can getaway with it. Any suggestions?

Anything I'm missing? Any Jets fans "must do" or "must see" stuff?

Just bought a house and the Mrs wants to have bairns ASAP....

these two financially crippling decisions/activities are gonna wreck my chances of any more trips to MetLife for quite some time.

I'm flying over from Edinburgh to Newark Thu 25th Oct....will be at Dolphins game 28th.....heading back 29th.

Will be at game early: tailgating and getting pished as you'd expect.

Was looking for some locals tips or advice for the best way to spend my trip. Got Thu and Fri to myself in Manhattan (Mrs is working in NY that week). Saturday will be spent how she wants. Monday is still up for discussion.

Would like a stadium tour but read they don't do this for individuals and need groups of 10 or 15. Seems a bit crap.

Will make my usual trip to the Jets shop and go daft there.

Would like to watch a college game or two in a lively bar on Sat if I can getaway with it. Any suggestions?

Anything I'm missing? Any Jets fans "must do" or "must see" stuff?

Can't think of any must do Jet stuff. What you will do as far as a bar depends where you are. Sure you have the option of a taxi or subway but depending where you stay there may not be a reason to. Where is your hotel? Are you staying in NJ or Manhattan? Going to a bar in Manhattan will cost you a fortune. But there are a few reasonable options.

Hi Section,

I'll be staying in Manhattan for the duration of the trip.

All I could rummage up on Google was Snap Bar, Hibernia Bar and Standings Bar.....all in Manhattan I think. Said Jets games get shown there so I figured maybe some like minded unhappy Jets fans might frequent those places.

Would be nice to drink somewhere with hardcore Jets fans of an evening as well as at the game.

Any advice of a good bar or two is greatly appreciated.

Archived