****The Official Day 2 of the NFL Draft****

Welcome to Day 2! 

• With the Jets only having a 3rd round pick, I wonder if they will use those picks from Minnesota to trade up. 

• No spoilers please. 

• McConkley is one of my favorite players in this draft. I hope he does not go to Buffalo. 

I fully expect us to add a wide receiver today, obviously. Either way, people will complain like they normally do. 

• Upvote 1

And for the record, those of you who were not pleased yesterday, the Jets drafted a mammoth of a person to be the LT of the future. He hasn’t given up ONE single sack in over 733 snaps. 

Now you bring this guy in and you let sit behind a future hall of famer. Eventually this season, he will play! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Welcome to Day 2! 

• With the Jets only having a 3rd round pick, I wonder if they will use those picks from Minnesota to trade up. 

• No spoilers please. 

• McConkley is one of my favorite players in this draft. I hope he does not go to Buffalo. 

I fully expect us to add a wide receiver today, obviously. Either way, people will complain like they normally do. 

You have to assume they’re targeting wrs b/c douglas mentioned that position in the interview i believe.  The jets have the 11th pick in round 4 as well as the 29th and 34th.  So using even one of those later picks can get them into the end of round 2 i think and if they do that they should be able to get one of the wrs they brought in for a visit.  

• Upvote 1

Sticking locally, I think the Giants got dusted last night....

I think they thought they could snag a QB in round 2 and didnt expect the run on QBS to happen, now they're stuck.

When has a Coach and GM been allowed to take a QB in their 4th year. Daboll just hitched himself to Daniel Jones.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I think they thought they could snag a QB in round 2 and didnt expect the run on QBS to happen, now they're stuck.

When has a Coach and GM been allowed to take a QB in their 4th year. Daboll just hitched himself to Daniel Jones.

I thought JJ was going to Giants for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I thought JJ was going to Giants for sure. 

Daboll got too cute and now he is left with nothing.

If they do the same thing record wise this year as they did last, it's the hot seat for him.

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Giants chose not to pick JJM.   JJM was not contributing in 2024 meaningfully.    I think their best chance is DJ or die.  

Thats likely true, but picking a rookie qb high buys you time...this year actually may be do or die for him now.

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

Daboll got too cute and now he is left with nothing.

If they do the same thing record wise this year as they did last, it's the hot seat for him.

Daniel Jones is a better prospect than JJ McCarthy.

• Upvote 3

We don’t pick for 40 picks into today. So it’s incredibly hard to predict who will be there for us.

We need a weapon bad. I just don’t like Lazard or Gipson very much. And our #2 WR is coming off an ACL tear and likely will be out nearly all camp and not able to get on the same page as AR as quickly as we’d like.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I like how the Jets are sitting right now. Nice job by Joe D

• Round 3, Pick 72
  • Round 4, Pick 111
  • Round 4, Pick 129
  • Round 4, Pick 134
  • Round 5, Pick157
  • Round 6, Pick 185
  • Round 7, Pick 257

maybe he simply fell into it but JD getting 111 for absolutely nothing - simply picking up the phone is going to be a factor tonight. 

His picks are sometime questionable but his trades are typically top notch.

And that does not even consider the flipping the 6th to a 5th.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thinking that offensive weapons would be the highest priority today, after yesterdays OT pick.

Absolutely.  Our 72 along with two courts so move you up high enough to get a good WR in a deep class

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We don’t pick for 40 picks into today. So it’s incredibly hard to predict who will be there for us.

We need a weapon bad. I just don’t like Lazard or Gipson very much. And our #2 WR is coming off an ACL tear and likely will be out nearly all camp and not able to get on the same page as AR as quickly as we’d like.

I have to think we're looking to move into the second w/all these 4th round picks and an early 3rd

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s pretty clear we are moving up 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have to think we're looking to move into the second w/all these 4th round picks and an early 3rd

Obviously depends on player though. And the top Wars I think all go rather fast tonight. 

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

maybe he simply fell into it but JD getting 111 for absolutely nothing - simply picking up the phone is going to be a factor tonight. 

His picks are sometime questionable but his trades are typically top notch.

And that does not even consider the flipping the 6th to a 5th.

Yep, totally agree.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

You should try to love Lazard and Gipson very much, because it's doubtful the Jets find better wide receivers in the 4th round. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Do what it takes to move up for McConkey

We have the ammo, why not?

I don’t care about all of these late round picks anyway. The odds of a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder making this team are long to say the least.

McConkey is polished as hell and runs a full route tree. Exactly the type of young kid that Rodgers would involve in the offense instead of flatout ignoring. Take him and the slot is covered for at least the next 4 years.

Isn’t McConkey a slot only guy?  I’d rather get a bigger speed guy for the outside and move Garrett inside full time.  He’d be unstoppable there. 

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Noted.

Not saying that we won't trade up - I just dont think it's an absolute, it will depend on how the board shakes out IMHO.

Of course.  If all our targets are gone then yeah but I doubt that happens.  I think this has always been the plan 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

You should try to love Lazard and Gipson very much, because it's doubtful the Jets find better wide receivers in the 4th round. 

Not saying that we don't need weapons, we definitely do.

That said, I think Aaron Rodgers will get a lot more production out of Gipson & Lazard then Zach Wilson did, particularly with the re-vamped O-Line this season.

• Upvote 2

Joe could now take a third and one of the 4's and trade into the 2nd.  Then take the other 4's and trade into the third.  Quality over quantity.  Go get me Brenden Rice, QB Rattler and or Zinter.  LB Trotter is also an option.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

They got dusted by taking Nabers over Rome Odunze. Maybe the Chiefs could get away with taking a bad attitude guy (who just got over a gun charge) over a team captain, but the shaky Giants? Too big a chance their faith in a mental midget will come back to haunt them. Bears completely scored last night. 

• Upvote 1