Jets add Middleton to 53 man Roster; Sign Fullback to Practice Squad

JetNation

Doug-Middleton.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

With safety  Calvin Pryor being limited in practice as he works his way back from the league’s concussion protocol, the Jets have added some depth by promoting rookie undrafted free agent Doug Middleton who had a solid pre-season with Gang Green.

Filling the vacancy left by Middleton on the practice squad will be former Navy fullback Chris Swain, a 6′ 247 lb undrafted free agent from Macon, GA who ran for over 1,000 as a senior at the Naval academy in 2015.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
GE4lPxuVJQ4

Click here to read the full story...

13 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Really excited to see this middleton kid play. He had a good offseason and im not sure why he didn't make our final roster but i don't see how he could make our secondary any worse.

I saw something in this kid that I liked. He'll get his chance, let's hope he has the goods. We need to find a couple more sleepers. Anderson is gonna be a real deep threat with a big armed QB. I can't believe we still have fans critical of his drops. My god, can any of our young players develop over some time? Anderson with another offseason, getting in the weight room, and Fitz & his popgun arm gone is a nice piece to our future. He could be our TY Hilton. 

I saw something in this kid that I liked. He'll get his chance, let's hope he has the goods. We need to find a couple more sleepers. Anderson is gonna be a real deep threat with a big armed QB. I can't believe we still have fans critical of his drops. My god, can any of our young players develop over some time? Anderson with another offseason, getting in the weight room, and Fitz & his popgun arm gone is a nice piece to our future. He could be our TY Hilton. 

Was also really surprised we let Bailey go he did pretty well with us last season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

On 12/9/2016 at 7:57 AM, 68JET11 said:

Really excited to see a lot of youngsters play... Get the old vets out and let's start evaluating what we have for next year.... Hopefully a new coach and a good draft and build for the SUSTAINABLE future.... lol

My concern is that these guys are going to be added to the active roster but still not see the field.

I say guys like Middleton and Wilds should get AT LEAST one game where they get the majority of the reps.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Was also really surprised we let Bailey go he did pretty well with us last season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Not surprised. He had no speed. Ran like he was in quicksand. Your right though, played way smarter than the guys we have now at least he would be in "position" to make a play.

Archived