Our Lads Depth Charts Are BACK!!!!

SoFlaJets

After going through my usual overreacting over the OL situation I took a look here at Our Lads to see who we have as far as depth goes on the O-line. Last night it started to make sense as to what Rex's and Mike T's thinking probably is; Let's see who and what we have here first before going out and spending the last of our available cap money on a 6th offensive lineman. There are still 3 more PS games to be played and 21 practice days of camp left-what happens if a starter goes down at least the Jets have the cap room to play with. The Turner injury hurts but he might be back by Halloween and here's the names we have (besides the starters) here already;

LT-Dennis Landolt and Jake Duron

LG-Chris Stewart

C-Robby Felix and Zane Taylor

RG-Matt Kroul and Trevor Canfield (Turner is injured)

RT-Ducasse and Pete Clifford

Callahan is the best in the business and I'm sure he feels he can do something with some of these kids

After going through my usual overreacting over the OL situation I took a look here at Our Lads to see who we have as far as depth goes on the O-line. Last night it started to make sense as to what Rex's and Mike T's thinking probably is; Let's see who and what we have here first before going out and spending the last of our available cap money on a 6th offensive lineman. There are still 3 more PS games to be played and 21 practice days of camp left-what happens if a starter goes down at least the Jets have the cap room to play with. The Turner injury hurts but he might be back by Halloween and here's the names we have (besides the starters) here already;

LT-Dennis Landolt and Jake Duron

LG-Chris Stewart

C-Robby Felix and Zane Taylor

RG-Matt Kroul and Trevor Canfield (Turner is injured)

RT-Ducasse and Pete Clifford

Callahan is the best in the business and I'm sure he feels he can do something with some of these kids

I had the opposite reaction that you had. It looks way worse when laid out like that.

Not one of the guys you listed is capable of stepping in if someone goes down.

I had the opposite reaction that you had. It looks way worse when laid out like that.

Not one of the guys you listed is capable of stepping in if someone goes down.

Robby Felix didn't look too bad-Ducasse was scary, I know Matt Kroul is a pro

I'm not that worried. The established guys everybody wants are dinged up and not ready to go. The team can add a guy like Stinchcomb, O'hara or Seubert when they are ready to play, but right now there is no reason to do so when they probably aren't even ready to practice. I think they have some interesting prospects. Clifford is absolutely huge and Stewart may be the biggest OG I've ever seen. Clifford has spent time with the Cards and Titans. Felix supposedly a mid round prospect from UTEP last year, but had a stroke right after his last game. He still made it to the combine. Landolt was on the Giants and 49ers practice squads last season. Canfield spent time with the Cards, Lions and Seahawks, at least some of it was on active rosters. Zane Taylor is a rookie that at least one guy considered an underrated prospect and a top 10 C coming out - mean, tough with short arms is what I remember. They should weed through these guys and then try to add a decent vet as camp draws to a close, either a late cut or one of the injured guys that doesn't have a contract yet. If it gets disastrous I'm sure they could lure Woody back.

I'm not that worried. The established guys everybody wants are dinged up and not ready to go. The team can add a guy like Stinchcomb, O'hara or Seubert when they are ready to play, but right now there is no reason to do so when they probably aren't even ready to practice. I think they have some interesting prospects. Clifford is absolutely huge and Stewart may be the biggest OG I've ever seen. Clifford has spent time with the Cards and Titans. Felix supposedly a mid round prospect from UTEP last year, but had a stroke right after his last game. He still made it to the combine. Landolt was on the Giants and 49ers practice squads last season. Canfield spent time with the Cards, Lions and Seahawks, at least some of it was on active rosters. Zane Taylor is a rookie that at least one guy considered an underrated prospect and a top 10 C coming out - mean, tough with short arms is what I remember. They should weed through these guys and then try to add a decent vet as camp draws to a close, either a late cut or one of the injured guys that doesn't have a contract yet. If it gets disastrous I'm sure they could lure Woody back.

great post 2-7

Archived