Powell Will Get His Shot To Shine Sunday Night

SoFlaJets

McKnight outplayed him tonight.

I stand by what I've been saying in regards to both Powell and McKnight. After two preseason games...

McKnight: 12 rushes for 60 yards, which is an average of 5 yards per carry. 3 receptions for 11 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD. 1 kick return for 26 yards. 1 punt return for 6 yards.

Powell: 18 rushes for 47 yards, which is only an average of 2.6 yards per carry. 4 catches for 29 yards.

I'm not sure it's even close between McKnight and Powell. I'm not sure it's even been close. It's no secret that McKnight is winning this battle. Not only has McKnight won the preseason battle thus far, but he also won our training camp battle hands down. There was a reason why Shotty came out, and made it known, that McKnight will be replacing Brad Smith when turning to the wildcat formation.

Nothing against Powell, because I feel he's a fine young talent, but like McKnight of last offseason, as a rookie... he's just not ready as of right now.

I stand by what I've been saying in regards to both Powell and McKnight. After two preseason games...

McKnight: 12 rushes for 60 yards, which is an average of 5 yards per carry. 3 receptions for 11 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD. 1 kick return for 26 yards. 1 punt return for 6 yards.

Powell: 18 rushes for 47 yards, which is only an average of 2.6 yards per carry. 4 catches for 29 yards.

I'm not sure it's even close between McKnight and Powell. I'm not sure it's even been close. It's no secret that McKnight is winning this battle. Not only has McKnight won the preseason battle thus far, but he also won our training camp battle hands down. There was a reason why Shotty came out, and made it known, that McKnight will be replacing Brad Smith when turning to the wildcat formation.

Nothing against Powell, because I feel he's a fine young talent, but like McKnight of last offseason, as a rookie... he's just not ready as of right now.

You give a compelling argument................to cut Ladanian.

The answer is that Jennings is the guy that will get cut. He certainly made a case for himself sticking around. I assume they may try to keep him on the practice squad, but with all those bodies they won't need him for practice. Maybe if somebody gets hurt he'll stick. Remember when everybody was in a tizzy over DJ Ware getting signed off the practice squad? I think people are overrating what Powell has done. He has looked good to me, but nothing more. He hasn't jumped out at me. Looks like a quality pick.

if it's staph, it can be a big problem for the whole team

Don't forget to wear your flipflops in the shower, girls!

The thing that impressed me about Turner, considering he is known as a tall, speedy WR type, was his ability to catch balls over the middle and run crisp routes. He also caught a 20 yd TD pass with the 1s in 2 min drills at some point this week, and I read somewhere it was the 1st 2 minute drill TD reception by the 1st team in all of TC so far. I think this kid's gonna be a sleeper this year. Wouldnt be surprised at all to see him lined up in real games as well throughout the course of the year.

As for Cumberland, he was a WR in college, we all knew he was a good receiving TE... His problem was, and still is, that he still needs to put on some weight and improve his blocking for him to become an effective all-around TE. I definitely do like his hands and speed though, think we can use him here and there to create mismatches in the passing game.

It looks to me like Cumberland did put on the weight. The blocking I'm not sure about though.

Archived