Jets News 9-9

flgreen

Burress said. "You still mad at your job? You still angry about your life? ’Cause I’m back living my life and enjoying my family while you’re still doing the same thing."

ahhh the old "I'm rich and you're not" smack perfected by Lebron James... This guys is kind of a prick...

Specifically, Ryan was asked how he would have handled Burress' situation if he was coaching him when the incident occurred.

"I don't really want to deal in the what if's and all that stuff, I don't think it's fair to anybody," Ryan said. "The hindsight being 20/20 and all that, I'd rather not comment on it."

glad to see he didn't fall for the "reporter getting reactions to quotes and going back and forth creating a war or words thingy" game

good boy rex

Newman out, Jenkins questionable for Sunday night

Posted by Josh Alper on September 9, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT

Chad Hall, Mike Jenkins AP

The Cowboys will definitely be short one starting cornerback when they take the field against the Jets on NBC Sunday night, but we’ll have to wait to find out if they will be without both starters.

Terrence Newman is listed as out on Friday’s injury report, which means that, as expected, his groin injury hasn’t healed enough for him to get on the field. The other starting Cowboys corner, Mike Jenkins, is listed as questionable after being limited in practice with the knee injury he suffered on Wednesday. He said he was “good to go” after a limited practice on Thursday so it seems likely the Cowboys will have one of their regular cornerbacks in the lineup.

Rookie tackle Tyron Smith, who hyperextended his knee at the same practice that saw Jenkins go down, is also listed as questionable. Per David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, Smith wasn’t cleared to do any stretching or contact work during Friday’s session which sounds like a bad omen for his chances of getting his NFL career underway on Sunday.

The Cowboys also ruled tight end Martellus Bennett out with an ankle injury. Center Phil Costa is listed as questionable with a knee injury and wide receiver Miles Austin sounds ready to play after being listed as probable thanks to a hamstring injury that’s bothered him throughout the preseason.

Ware is tough, but D'Brick is pretty good at handling that type of guy. I assume they will move him around. While I think Woody is/was a better run blocker than Hunter I think Hunter will be better at covering the edge when they send Ware over there. Despite the banged up secondary I expect to run, run and run some more, so it won't matter as much.

Ware is tough, but D'Brick is pretty good at handling that type of guy. I assume they will move him around. While I think Woody is/was a better run blocker than Hunter I think Hunter will be better at covering the edge when they send Ware over there. Despite the banged up secondary I expect to run, run and run some more, so it won't matter as much.

Your probably right, but if the Jets are going to try to ride Sanchez to the Super Bowl, and if he's going to be an improved QB, this is the spot to let him throw at those CB's

Your probably right, but if the Jets are going to try to ride Sanchez to the Super Bowl, and if he's going to be an improved QB, this is the spot to let him throw at those CB's

I think they will throw more than last year, just like they threw more in 2010 than 2009. I'm not expecting Mike Martz though. I do think they may come out throwing - either with the roll out to Keller or some of that West Coast style stuff they did in the preseason with Mason.

Archived