Dustin Keller #'s

villain_the_foe

In two games

11 receptions

162 yards

2 TD's

Had a "100 yd game" today.

Avg. 15 yards per reception.

And if I'm correct Keller is the Jets leading receiver.

I've stated before (like some others), when he's put into the equation this guys a beast. Just wanted to spread some love in this forum, especially after some hate spewed his way for lack of performance.

You cant blame a dude not being in the OC's game plan....I f'ing hate schotty. Seems like Plax is getting alittle bit of that as well. I dont even think he was targeted the entire game.

he has been playing well, and another factor is sanchez is just not comfortable with the new guys. it's not surprising the other leading receivers are holmes and LT. this offense will get better and probably just in time if you look at the schedule

This is how he was last year in the first couple games. Hopefully we keep him involved because clearly he's a problem for defenses.

Exactly.....before Holmes came into the picture last year:

Week 1 - 2 rec, 13 yards (that game was brutal for our offense)

Week 2 - 7 rec, 115 yards 1 TD

Week 3 - 6 rec, 98 yards 2 TDs

Week 4 - 4 rec, 28 yards 2 TDs

Before Holmes #s 19 rec, 254 yards 5 TDs...averaging 4.75 rec 63.5 yards, 1.25 TDs then. At that rate he would've finished 76 rec, 1016 yards 20 TDs. Maybe, just maybe Schotty is learning that he was a 1st round pick for a reason, is a match up nightmare and should really be used more frequently. Oh yea I know those #s are hypothetical but at that he would've been the best TE in 2010.

USE THIS BEAST!!!!!

Keller's been OK. I'm not so sure we can take too much from receiving numbers like this against Jacksonville. They were a pretty bad defense last season and it doesn't look like much of that's changed. Burress wasn't targeted for the most part today because Jacksonville's backs were dropping back into a zone almost exclusively, and Keller was seeing green pastures for the majority of the game due to this, and also for what looked to be a variety of reasons. Something like half of their defense consists of new starters and role guys (Poz, Sessions, Landry, Coleman, Lowery, Roth, even Kampmann who was an expected starter but is still out with the knee...etc.) who were thrown in together with little time to practice due to the lockout. They've also been a mess from a coaching standpoint defensively with Del Rio being stripped of playcalling duties last year and Mel Tucker having an increased role per the ownership. As a result of this, they looked like they were having a ton of communication problems in getting the middle of the field set. I didn't see them much during the preseason, but most of the recaps I read described those exact type of problems consistently, particularly between Poz and some of the DB's. This would be consistent with increasing the probability of a receiving TE blowing them up.

Keller's the type of player who's good enough as a WR to take advantage of things like this. He still has some serious problems as a blocker, or keeping things going when protection breaks down. He still can't grasp the concept of his responsibility in setting the edge when going outside, Cro should have been gone on that one reverse and Keller blew it. Normally one might be able to blow that aside as just a mistake, but that one was so clear-cut and in front of his face that it's definitely a bit perplexing.

Archived