My two cents

villain_the_foe

We all have been discussing the problems with this Jets football team but I really must make my case for why the coaching staff, mainly Schotty, is not only Sanchez problem but the Jets problem as a team.

We've gotten cute. We've gone to the AFC championship twice and thought that we could just shuffle pieces of the puzzle around and it would be no problem.

Braylon Edwards, love him or hate him was a reliable target for Sanchez. Plaxico isnt. Sanchez had a rhythm with Braylon and the bottomline is that when the Jets traded for him they KNEW what they were getting both on the field and off the field. Sanchez is not an elite QB and it doesnt look like he will ever be, but he is a good QB who seems like he can produce if a team can provide him with weapons that can compliment him. Sanchez was able to produce the way he did with Woody and Braylon on the field growing chemistry with his line and targets and we went 11-5. Now you throw away the pieces and chemistry KNOWING that we dont have the best Offensive Coordinator to begin with. Schotty isnt a great play designer.

Look at the Pats for example. You know why Welker gets open so much? It isnt because he's just burning CB's left and right, the play is designed to get WR's open. It is DESIGNED that way by a coach who has a brain. Tom Brady wouldnt be as productive as a Jets QB under Shotty and I can prove this.

Schotty has been TERRIBLE for years here. he's had 3 QB's under 2 head coaches and could not produce a potent offense. He's made Favre even look bad. You know, the same Favre who went to the Vikings a year later and lit up the entire league at damn near 80 years old. Was in the running for MVP and was an INT away from a SB appearance.

Schotty found a way to shackle one of the best gunslingers to EVER PLAY THE GAME OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. And we dump on Sanchez as if he's ever known anything outside of the dumbness of Schottyball? Now im not saying Sanchez doesnt make stupid boneheaded mistakes, but seriously, Sanchez has done enough under a douche like Schotty for me to give him the benefit of the doubt because this is only his 3rd year and hasnt had any change (outside of having his favorite targets replaced)

Brian sh*ttyheimer needs to be fired tonight. I cant take this crap anymore. I've been saying the same thing for 3 years. We have a pedestrian offense that is totally predictable. how many times must the Ravens blitz the blind side without the OC making a scheme change? I mean man, this is beyond the players bro. Maybe the offense just isnt playing for schotty anymore....anyone ever thought of that? They dont believe in it, and why should they? Its a terrible system.

I've vented.....thank you.

Lets break down the coaches tonight via game points.

Westoff scored 10 points tonight.

Pettine scored 7 points tonight

Schotty scored 0 points tonight. (field goal units are special teams)

The difference is that Schotty's purpose here is to build an offense that score points. Thats not the primary purpose of Westoff and Pettine. Schotty is being outscored by the defense and special teams, and its happening more often than it should. How in the world is this guy still our coordinator when this is been going on for years I will not know.

Braylon the Reliable has 4 catches for 48 yards with the 3-1 49ers.

This makes 4 Schittenheimer threads, I think. Supermerge?

The 9ers arent the Jets, which with them sitting at 3-1 they're glad they're not us. Braylon is probably sitting back laughing at how we just got smacked around on national television.

The 9ers arent the Jets, which with them sitting at 3-1 they're glad they're not us. Braylon is probably sitting back laughing at how we just got smacked around on national television.

Yeah, but he's sitting back and laughing rather than playing. Doesn't sound like someone they count on to win, despite his now famed reliability.

That point really doesn't move me. He was a reliable target for Sanchez whether you'd like to admit it or not.

Reliable by what standard? He was a limited WR who lacked any kind of finesse or savvy on the field, but since he's big, fast, and not *that* bad he managed to be an OK deep thread and stout run blocker.

What really amazes me is that The GM and Head coach continues to put their jobs on the line keeping Brian Schottenheimer around. Even after a non vote of confidence bring in Tom Moore in as an "adviser" ? Could it be the owner unwilling to eat this guys contract? Im baffled .

Archived