Darrelle Revis

Ghost

if Darrelle Revis is better then every defender except Ed Reed hes still in rare air. I don't really care to play the "which all time great is better" game. It's kinda pointless. Both guys win games.

Exactly. I'm sorry I fell for the little trolls game.

It must suck, having to post on an opposing fan site, all because your team is awful with nothing to talk about, other than, "suck for Luck". I'm glad our season wasn't over before it started.

But yeah, you make a good point. If the only thing a troll can say, in regards to Revis, is that he isn't an all-time great such as Reed or Ray Lewis etc, etc, that just goes to show how jealous of Revis these trolls really are. It's not like he's getting compared to Gholston aha. It's a good feeling knowing that Vincent Jackson is completely eliminated before the first play of the game. It's also a nice feeling, knowing we have a CB who eliminates his entire side of the football field. Greatness.

Revis is so much more valuable than even Ed Reed who, statistically will always be better. Nobody throws at Revis anymore. He is simply a WR eraser. The few teams who tested him were rewarded with losses because of it. Romo tested him and it cost the Cowboys the game. The fins tested him and were rewarded with two interceptions, one of which went for 100 yards. he can run after the pick, his open field tackling is perfect, he is simply the perfect cornerback. Best ever? That's totally subjective. What are the criteria? Dieon, Champ Bailey, Revis, and a half dozen other current and former corners can all be in the argument depending on what it is you define as "best". As a strictly perfect defensive corner with ball skills, Revis wins. As a baller with speed and big-play ability, Dion takes it. As a rock-steady high end corner with no chinks in his armor and an everlasting career, it's bailey. Best defensive player ever...just a fun, silly argument. There is no way to crunch the million variables on that one.

Archived