Cowher and Gruden interested in Miami

Integrity28

Cowher's another overrated ex-coach. Tomlin's done everything he did with the Steelers since he left. Lebeau is the bulk of the genius on that staff. I could easily see him cash in for one last big payday a la Joe Gibbs' return to the 'Skins, with roughly the same level of success.

I think some of you guys are under rating Cowher....go back and see the years he was there at Pitt. He may be an a-hole, but still one of the better HC's in the game and he does know talent (see draft picks done under his watch). Just saying

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some of you guys are under rating Cowher....go back and see the years he was there at Pitt. He may be an a-hole, but still one of the better HC's in the game and he does know talent (see draft picks done under his watch). Just saying

He's been away from the game for more than five years and I doubt he's got the fire he had earlier, especially since he's got a ring. Not afraid of this guy at all.

Cowher just said on the NFL Today that nobody from the LOLphins approached him about the coaching gig.He also said he will not coach this year. He didn't say that he wasn't approached about the job though. I would imagine that after what happened with the Sparano/Harbaugh thing earlier that even if he was approached he wouldn't say he was. I could see him changing his mind.

Someone that is never mentioned is Jeff Fisher. I think if I had to rank the candidates I would prefer Miami to get Cowher 1st, Gruden 2d and then Fisher.

Archived