0-2 After Bye Week With Rex

Jet27

Guys, there may have been some other threads touching on this, but with Rex here we are 0-2 after bye weeks.

With the most important game coming against the Bills this week. I hope we don't come out and crap the bed....

Time has come to play hard like a playoff team...

Come Rex- Come on Jets you can do it.

Two games is not a significant sample. Its statistically meaningless. Jets win in Buffalo.

Agreed, two games means nothing, especially when you look at the games in question. The Jacksonville loss was in the midst of a 1-6 run the Jets had, so the bye hardly was to blame, and even still they were leading late in the game and the loss came down to one drive and really one play that saw Rhodes burned to a crisp by Marcedes Lewis while Leonhard was screaming across the field at him before the play that he was out of position. The Packers game, well considering they were the future Super Bowl champions and the defense held them to 9 points, it certainly wasn't an all-bad performance. That said, the offense crapped themselves (which is hardly unique to post-bye week) while the officials only made matters worse with two of the most horrible calls I've ever seen of those so-called "interceptions".

Granted, I'm glad to hear that Rex did change things up a little bit (even though he still gave them the long break), but I'm also not sure that those two games tell you a whole lot about what coming off the bye really means for these Jets when you really look at them.

Agreed, two games means nothing, especially when you look at the games in question. The Jacksonville loss was in the midst of a 1-6 run the Jets had, so the bye hardly was to blame, and even still they were leading late in the game and the loss came down to one drive and really one play that saw Rhodes burned to a crisp by Marcedes Lewis while Leonhard was screaming across the field at him before the play that he was out of position. The Packers game, well considering they were the future Super Bowl champions and the defense held them to 9 points, it certainly wasn't an all-bad performance. That said, the offense crapped themselves (which is hardly unique to post-bye week) while the officials only made matters worse with two of the most horrible calls I've ever seen of those so-called "interceptions".

Granted, I'm glad to hear that Rex did change things up a little bit (even though he still gave them the long break), but I'm also not sure that those two games tell you a whole lot about what coming off the bye really means for these Jets when you really look at them.

That Packer game was agonizing.

Archived