Rex Challenges Jets Fans Again

flgreen

With Patriots game looming, Rex Ryan challenges Jets fans

Published: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 6:54 PM Updated: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 7:32 PM

8487074.png By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger

Follow

Email Print

10238924-large.jpgUS PresswireRex Ryan said that the Jets fans made a difference in the team's 2009 home win over New England.

In 2009, Rex Ryan and the Jets beat the Patriots at home to win Ryan's second consecutive game as a new head coach.

Then, he believed that the two teams were evenly matched and said that the main difference was home field advantage, a loud crowd at the stadium that forced the Patriots into 11 penalties for 89 yards and scrambled their lines of communication.

"The first year that we beat New England, our fans, we gave them a game ball and everything else," Ryan said. "They were the difference. Two good football teams going at it, but they were the difference."

Against the Patriots this week, Ryan is putting out a challenge to the fans to equal their "performance" from two years ago with both teams coming in tied atop the division alongside the Buffalo Bills.

"That's a challenge I'm taking to our fans this week. We're here, we're undefeated at home and let's make it miserable," Ryan said. "We've talked about that. I think without question our fans are going to be ready. They're going to be excited about this game and be there throughout that whole game.

"Let's see if you can't make them burn timeouts. See if our fans can't make them false start. That'll be the shout out. Our team is going to be ready, there's no doubt. Their team is going to be ready.

And I truly believe, I wouldn't ask the fans to do this if I didn't think they can be the difference."

Jets linebacker Bart Scott will host a celebrity go-kart race between Jets and Giants players to raise money for his "A Son Never Forgets Foundation," which he founded in 2006 to "educate and encourage those suffering from spinal cord injuries by providing valuable information and resources during rehabilitation."

Eric LeGrand will be a guest of honor at the event, to be held on Dec. 19 at Pole Position Raceway in Jersey City.

Tickets can be purchased at http://www.polepositionraceway.com or http://p2rurl.com/BartScott/CantWait/GP/

I'm proud to say that Rex Ryan is our football coach. He's truly a defensive guru, these players love to play under Rex, he's never thrown Sanchez under the bus, and they most definitely play hard under this man. He's a winner.

He challenged the league to beat the Patriots, he takes the pressure off the team, and puts it on himself, by talking wild through the media; ala the Chargers game. The entire week leading up to that Jets/Chargers matchup, we never heard about our run defense struggling, how we've lost 3 of 4 games, how our offensive line has struggled etc, etc. All we heard through the media, was how they were mocking Rex, for what he said in regards to winning a championship with the Chargers had he been there over the past two years. Genius move. In return, Norv Turner, who never fights back through the media... Made a remark against Rex Ryan. Guess what? Rex LOVES the media game. Norv doesn't. Advantage Rex. He got inside the head of Norv, and we walked away with a victory.

Now, Rex is challenging our fan base. What a coach. He understands how important home field advantage CAN BE. Hopefully we take note, and our fans rock JetLife stadium like never before. Make it next to impossible for Brady to communicate with his offensive line and WR's. Hopefully we get flagged for excessive croud noise as well. What an awful rule, isn't that the point of home field advantage? But yet, the team can become penalized for too much croud noise? What a joke.

Archived