What-No Mention Of Madonna's Halftime Show?

kelticwizard

The Nielsen Ratings is one of the biggest frauds perpetrated on the American people.

Of the 114.5 million television households in this country, only 25,000 participate in the Nielsen Ratings system. That is 0.02% of eligible households. No, not 2%, but 0.02% which means that if you selected 5,000 people and chose 1 of them to ask her what their favorite TV is, that will be the answer.

What's startling is the billions of dollars are spent in TV deals based on an absolute fiction.

I can't believe this info isn't grabbed from converter boxes from cable and fios and dish and directv. Must have something to do with privacy laws plus no one trusts the service providers to not manipulate the data.

I can't believe this info isn't grabbed from converter boxes from cable and fios and dish and directv. Must have something to do with privacy laws plus no one trusts the service providers to not manipulate the data.

I think it is. I've ready articles within the last year that reference # of times a show is DVR'd when talking about how successful/unsuccessful they are.

They probably get the raw data without seeing who downloaded what as a way of bypassing anyones privacy concerns.

Personally I could give a crap who knows I DVR'd Cathouse on HBO but to each his own.

I think it is. I've ready articles within the last year that reference # of times a show is DVR'd when talking about how successful/unsuccessful they are.

They probably get the raw data without seeing who downloaded what as a way of bypassing anyones privacy concerns.

Personally I could give a crap who knows I DVR'd Cathouse on HBO but to each his own.

The DVR data is from the satelite/cable providers while TV ratings by Nielsen are done differently. Also, that's only a small sample because not everyone with S/C have DVRs.

I agree, I wouldn't trust the S/CPs to not manipulate the data, but there should be a better way using their systems to get an accurate report on what the American TV viewers are actually watching.

The DVR data is from the satelite/cable providers while TV ratings by Nielsen are done differently. Also, that's only a small sample because not everyone with S/C have DVRs.

I agree, I wouldn't trust the S/CPs to not manipulate the data, but there should be a better way using their systems to get an accurate report on what the American TV viewers are actually watching.

I did both TV and Radio Neilson ratings so am familiar with how they work.. it's a pain in the a$$ for the $15 they throw your way but did it for the hell of it.

I have to believe the cable and sat co's can access what people are watching but don't talk about it for fear of causing a panic amongst paranoid subscribers.

Archived