Does Tannenbaum know the lockout is over

Maxman

Honestly, I've gotten to the point until the Jets find themselves their franchise QB, I could give less of a **** about the rest of this nonsense. If Sanchez continues to suck a$$, nothing the Jets did over these couple of months was going to get them any further than they've already gotten. When the Jets gave Sanchez his extension, he was already locked in as the starter for this year, so at this point it's a matter of just filling up the roster and sitting back to see Sanchez if can finally get his sh*t together this year. If not, come next offseason the Jets need to start scouting themselves a top QB from next year's draft. Sure, in the meantime you want to try to keep up a competitive team, but after all these years I would think Jets fans should know as much as anyone, blowing big money on "win now" type FAs isn't going to do sh*t if you don't have a QB, so they're better off sticking to the draft and signing other young, cheap players. I want new safeties on this team more than anyone considering my endless hatred for Eric Smith, but as long as our QB play is what it is, the Reggie Nelson's of the world are not going to make a damn bit of difference. None of this is meant to excuse Tanny's incompetence mind you, but I don't completely blame him for not blowing big money anymore on players who aren't really going to get you anywhere. That said, if he can't find that QB in question, than the Jets need someone who can.

Pretty much. I think the overwhelming consensus from non-Jets fans, experts and players alike would say the Jets have a very talented roster and with the proper QB, would be in the SB hunt every year (which interestingly enough they have been 2 of his 3 years).

Archived