Stat pirates- was Sunday Sanchez's best game of his career?

Matt39

As RJF said you need to wait to see how the season unfolds. If Buffalo gets lit up the next 3 weeks for 900 passing yards it makes Sanchez' game look less impressive.

From a pure numbers standpoint his best games have probably been his first game against Houston, Miami in Sept, 2010, the KC game last year and the Detroit game in 2010. The problem is its hard to find games where he was good throughout. Miami he put up good numbers because of a few big passes. same goes for Detroit. Sanchez only has 11 games in his career where his completion percentage is higher than the average for that opponent and in 4 of them his YPC is pretty far below the norm so it was more a safe plan that good play, I think that is what made this game seem so much better since it was an all around performance but I guess well wait and see.

Personally I was more impressed with the receivers. They got so wide open that either the Bills secondary is that bad or we really underestimated our guys. Im not sure if there were many difficult throws there. Sanchez had to feel like he was back at USC the team was so open.

This. He had a good game, not a great one. 2 horrible mistakes - the pick and the fumble (erased from the stats by an offensive holding call) - turned into zero points for Buffalo so it's as though they didn't happen. We still scored after missing Holmes wide open, so that one got erased. And there were some throws, including the first TD to Hill, that would have been broken up or picked off if the coverage wasn't so terrible. But hey, f*** Buffalo and the absurd knob slurping the sports media did over them prior to this game.

Don't get me wrong, I was plenty happy watching him have a good game, which he certainly did have on balance. A few throws in particular were dead-on perfect. But it wasn't the best game of his career. I still think his best game from start to finish was the Cincy playoff game. I don't remember him making any mistakes at all or missing any throws he should have made.

Archived