Sanchez Helmet to Helmet Hit

sh4dy15

his head turned a funny way but from my understanding (pre med-multiple anatomy/physiology courses) that shouldnt have caused a concussion. His head moved with the blow and came from the front.

If it had come from the back of the head and the head did not move it would have been a concussion. (Jason wittens video would have worked but it was deleted due to infringment). He with a helmet fell backwards and slammed the back of his head on the turf which seems much less serious then the sanchez hit but due to the position of the head and location of the blow it resulted in a concussion where he was held out rest of game.

Both Sanchez and Greene's games changed after their blows to the head...coincidence? who knows? But, Pittsburgh has a reputation for head hunting and they certainly played physically in that game.

I definitely agree. Hopefully Sanchez is the Sanchez we saw in the first 5 quarters of the season this Sunday and gets back on track!

I don't know if there's delayed reaction to getting your bell rung - but I'm thinking this wasn't a major physical part of Mark's problem Sunday. His next pass after the penalty was a pretty good one to Holmes where he was held, and his 2nd pass was probably his best of the day to Hill deep up the seam. It was only a great job by Clark whacking Hill in the arm that kept that from being 6. It was a great pass.

Mentally he might have got worn down - but there was nothing wrong with his arm immediately after the infraction.

Vs Buffalo he had a INT on the first drive and went bonkers after it. EXPLAIN THAT ONE!!!!

I was thinking the same thing....this whole "sanchez goes in a shell" crap is ridiculous. He didnt go in a shell on Sunday. Nobody was opened and when they were for a second Sanchez got it in there and WR's couldnt make catches. Steelers were smothering our WRs and Big Ben is apparently impossible to tackle, against any other team we have 8+ sacks and Sanchez has another great game.

Still think that hit rattled him physically though.

Archived