Tomlinson: Rex once said "I'm gonna punch [Belichick] in the face"

Jetsfan80

Now take away his first 2 NFL starts, which any reasonable person would do.

Then it's 220 yards and 2 passing TDs per game.  The one game that lowered those averages they held Buffalo to 3 points for the first 57 minutes and had a 2-score lead.  Why have him pass all over the field when you can dink & dunk your way to an easy victory?

He had a couple of great games, 1 stinker, and 1 game where he did about as well as most others (vs the Rams).  He was completing 70% of his passes and BB decided that was the better way to go to match with his defense than get into a bunch of missile-launching shootouts with Bledsoe.

I don't remember him taking a lot of heat from here.  Bledsoe wasn't all that (and Coach Great Judgment gave him that enormous contract all the same, after he already had Tom Brady on the team, who you basically say he knew was going to be good). 

He thought he had a backup QB.  He put him in and showed a lot more than that, so he stuck with him and the rest, as they say, is history.

I don't see how this compares to Rex Ryan, unless it is your assertion that Greg McElroy = Tom Brady and Rex was too stupid and gutless to recognize it.

Sperm, do you think that Woody would put pressure on any coach to play the $100m man? Don't you think any coach would feel that pressure.

In your heart of hearts, if Rex was facing a similar decision, which way would you guess he goes. Truthfully here.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://articles.courant.com/2001-11-21/sports/0111211687_1_patriots-snaps-practice

And the difference between a Rex Ryan locker room and a BB one- You hear comments from Devit about the qb decision. You won't get those from a BB locker room.

You had said Brady won 5 in a row???????

I thought it was later in the season. Big deal, I'm not a Pats fan.  It was 5-3 after Bledsoe started them out to 0-2.  

Had Brady not gone on a tear for 2 more games, we'll never know if Belichick would have still stuck with him.

But the McElroy comparisons are just absurd.  McElroy had no talent and no arm.  Brady had shown that he had both by the time Bledsoe was healthy.  

And it's too bad we didn't have the internet when BB was in Cleveland.  Who knows what goodies would have been uncovered?  "A BB locker room."  What are you, freaking gay for him?  He's a good coach whose coaching career got off to a rocky start.  In time he became better (and a cheater).  Big whoop.

I'm sure you identified that future winner trait in Belichick when he was f*cking up in Cleveland, as well as taking the weekly temperature of their locker room.  I'm just sure of it.

I'm sure you identified that future winner trait in Belichick when he was f*cking up in Cleveland, as well as taking the weekly temperature of their locker room.  I'm just sure of it.

All truthfulness, I was excited to have BB be HC of the NYJ,  and I thought we would rue the day he left.

That is the God's honest truth, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Sperm, do you think that Woody would put pressure on any coach to play the $100m man? Don't you think any coach would feel that pressure.

In your heart of hearts, if Rex was facing a similar decision, which way would you guess he goes. Truthfully here.

I honestly have no certain idea, and neither do you.  If he was winning with one after losing with the other, it is conjecture on your part that Rex would have benched the winning one for the losing one.  It also depends upon the locker room, who I'm sure was behind his decision to stick with Brady.  It's not like Belichick had any kind of track record as a HC that the team would have followed him anywhere at that point.

In that exact situation, I think Rex sticks with the guy his team is behind that the team is winning with.  But it is impossible to prove one way or the other.

They're different coaches anyway.  Belichick clearly has been a good HC for the Patriots.  He got lucky with Tom Brady.  You are in the small minority of people who think he didn't get stupidly lucky.  He didn't even know what he had until he was already winning games with him (by accident by way of Mo Lewis).

All truthfulness, I was excited to have BB be HC of the NYJ,  and I thought we would rue the day he left.

That is the God's honest truth, whether you choose to believe it or not.

That isn't really what I said now, is it? I said after his stint with Cleveland, not after back-to-back successful stints with New England and the Jets.

This is even funnier than the last one.  Not sure where you get your facts, but in 2005 the Jets didn't play hard.  They showed up in the sense that they went on the field and played 60 minutes, but they didn't play hard.  Ryan bears ABSOLUTELY NO blame whatsoever for Schottenheimer.  It is widely known that he was forced to keep Schottenheimer. Sorry that doens't fit your agenda.  Now, go back to explaining the difference between "prepared" and "show up". No hypocrisy there. 

BS.  Ryan was not forced to keep Schittenheimer after the first year or two.  He kept him on another year than picked probably the only coach in the NFL who could possibly have been worse than Schittenheimer.  You're full of it.  Yeah, the Jets took 2005 off.  LMAO.  

Archived