Sanchez to have shoulder surgery, season done.

Matt39

Jets’ Sanchez still not planning shoulder surgery

By Brian Costello

September 30, 2013 | 4:19pm

Modal Trigger

Jets’ Sanchez still not planning shoulder surgery

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez traveled to Gulf Breeze, Fla. on Monday to have his injured right shoulder re-examined by Dr. James Andrews, according to two sources.

Sanchez will continue to rehab the shoulder, which has a slight labrum tear, instead of having surgery at this time, the sources said. Surgery remains a possibility, but Sanchez wants to exhaust the rehabilitation process before going that route.

The fifth-year quarterback is currently on IR with a designation to return. He is eligible to play in Week 11 against Buffalo.

He injured the shoulder on Aug. 24 in the fourth quarter of a preseason game with the Giants.

i don't know why he's 'sticking' around.  I see this from a lot of players who just wait around, wait around, then they finally are forced into some surgery and bam... Instead of having it done early(like say Sept), they wait and wait and then the next season becomes one of those "will they be ready."    I don't think anybody cares, but why not just get the damn surgery done now, and have a chance to come back healthy and strong next year.    

So he waits it out for what?  To not talk to Geno that much?   To sit at home?    And then come next offseason people will be thinking he's not fully healthy yet.   I never understand why some players wait to get a procedure done if it's something that has to be done. This isn't one of those "you can wait it out till your career is over" procedures.   He's really just waiting around because he's an idiot or his people are idiots.    To me, get the procedure,  rehab,  come back ready for Summer 2014 for whatever team.   If he continues to wait and pushes it off till who knows when, it becomes more like "well he's not rehabbed enough" to try out for any team.  Stupid.

i don't know why he's 'sticking' around.  I see this from a lot of players who just wait around, wait around, then they finally are forced into some surgery and bam... Instead of having it done early(like say Sept), they wait and wait and then the next season becomes one of those "will they be ready."    I don't think anybody cares, but why not just get the damn surgery done now, and have a chance to come back healthy and strong next year.    

So he waits it out for what?  To not talk to Geno that much?   To sit at home?    And then come next offseason people will be thinking he's not fully healthy yet.   I never understand why some players wait to get a procedure done if it's something that has to be done. This isn't one of those "you can wait it out till your career is over" procedures.   He's really just waiting around because he's an idiot or his people are idiots.    To me, get the procedure,  rehab,  come back ready for Summer 2014 for whatever team.   If he continues to wait and pushes it off till who knows when, it becomes more like "well he's not rehabbed enough" to try out for any team.  Stupid.

He is still here with the team.  It's going to sound crazy but I'm willing to bet he is sitting and watching smith, and thinking he can come back in Nov and take his job back off a guy with close to 40 turn overs

Snatchez career is basically over at this point. He may get a backup job somewhere next season but he is going to bring the same circus as Tebow and no HC wants that headache.

The best place for Mark is next season The Bachelor.

Why would Sanchez bring a circus? That doesn't seem to be the case at all. It's not like he'd be going somewhere that he could unseat the starter and he doesn't have a cult following at all.

NOT SO FAST!

http://www.jetsconfidential.com/news/no-decision-yet-on-sanchez-surgery-announcement-made-by-mort/

Mark Sanchez hasn’t decided to have season-ending shoulder surgery. The announcement was made by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

“Chris Mortensen says no decision has been made yet on Mark Sanchez having season-ending shoulder surgery,” tweeted ESPN.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport announced earlier that Sanchez has decided to have season-ending surgery.

Also...we get it, the shoulder surgery is season ending. You don't have to write it three times in four sentences.

Archived