Brian WInters

jay_psg

Winters showed excellent technique and feet in pass protection. He's got agility and balance. He plays with leverage usually gets lower than his other man. He obviously is more aware than Vlad and less penalty prone. He seems to understand the blocking schemes and what his assignment should be. 

on the cons side he needs to get much stronger. if we are talking about body type, its concerning that he didn't bench at Indy due to inj. He looks really light in the upper body. Vlad vs Winters in an oklahoma drill isn't pretty. Winters was abused on at least two notable occasions against ATL, the sack and also the Bilal powell broken tackle run at the end which should have been a 3 yard loss instead was a 3 yard gain. 

long story short if you are a DC gameplanning for this OL, LG is still the weak spot. 

the good news is that strength a very fixable problem. something to sort out in offseason. I know some will call me a Vlad fan or whatever but Winters is probably half as strong but more stable choice than Vlad. 4 penalties a game is ridiculously high. I dont think we've seen the last of vlad this season, he was on the field for the Winslow TD too. I am a Jets fan first and foremost and will root for all of em.

Winters showed excellent technique and feet in pass protection. He's got agility and balance. He plays with leverage usually gets lower than his other man. He obviously is more aware than Vlad and less penalty prone. He seems to understand the blocking schemes and what his assignment should be. 

on the cons side he needs to get much stronger. if we are talking about body type, its concerning that he didn't bench at Indy due to inj. He looks really light in the upper body. Vlad vs Winters in an oklahoma drill isn't pretty. Winters was abused on at least two notable occasions against ATL, the sack and also the Bilal powell broken tackle run at the end which should have been a 3 yard loss instead was a 3 yard gain. 

long story short if you are a DC gameplanning for this OL, LG is still the weak spot. 

the good news is that strength a very fixable problem. something to sort out in offseason. I know some will call me a Vlad fan or whatever but Winters is probably half as strong but more stable choice than Vlad. 4 penalties a game is ridiculously high. I dont think we've seen the last of vlad this season, he was on the field for the Winslow TD too. I am a Jets fan first and foremost and will root for all of em.

Great Breakdown thanks...

Archived