Zach Mettenberger Tears ACL

BroadwayJoe12

So it appears Mettenberger's knee injury is indeed a torn ACL, which will not only prevent him from participating in LSU's bowl game, but the senior bowl as well. While this is devastating news for Mettenberger and LSU fans, it might end up being a blessing for a team that selects Zach, most likely now on the 3rd day. Having watched every single snap he's taken in college, this was the first year he started to put it all together:the credit to which should go to Cam Cameron.

He's got the size, the arm (possibly strongest in the draft) and an improved attitude under Cam and his development cannot be understated.  I'm a 100% LSU homer, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would take Zach over everyone not named Bridgewater if we're drafting for the future. He's not ready to start for a team the beginning of the 2014 season, but he's someone that I can see developing into a Joe Flacco type and would absolutely love the Jets to nab this kid if given the chance.  

• 4 weeks later...

So it appears Mettenberger's knee injury is indeed a torn ACL, which will not only prevent him from participating in LSU's bowl game, but the senior bowl as well. While this is devastating news for Mettenberger and LSU fans, it might end up being a blessing for a team that selects Zach, most likely now on the 3rd day. Having watched every single snap he's taken in college, this was the first year he started to put it all together:the credit to which should go to Cam Cameron.

He's got the size, the arm (possibly strongest in the draft) and an improved attitude under Cam and his development cannot be understated.  I'm a 100% LSU homer, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would take Zach over everyone not named Bridgewater if we're drafting for the future. He's not ready to start for a team the beginning of the 2014 season, but he's someone that I can see developing into a Joe Flacco type and would absolutely love the Jets to nab this kid if given the chance.  

joe flacco sucks though

Archived