Lions to hire Caldwell as their coach

faba

I dunno-Moore and Manning ran the offense and they let him do the rest and he wasn't up to it. . If you recall the Jets/Cots playoff game, Manning was on the sideline openly losing his f___ing mind with Caldwell'' decisions. His 2 biggest debacles were getting fooled by an onside kick in the Super Bowl and not being aware of Cro returning a kickoff. it's one thing to be cool and deliberate, Caldwell's almost cationic close to dead. Whinsenhut or Wrecks would've been a serious decision, Wrecks /Caldwell isn't even close. 

The playoff game when we beat the colts Caldwell called a time out on the last drive that really helped the Jets have enough time to get the winning FG.  Manning really gave him the stink eye for that.  Caldwell seemed clueless on the sidelines to me.  Good luck Detroit, Schwartz was a much better coach than him.

Hate to break it to you but Rex STILL beat his Manning led Colts in the playoffs.

And the regular season....

I guess you missed the AFC Championship game when the Colts beat the Jets and Manning pretty much had his way with Rex's defense in the second half.   

The next year they did beat the Colts in the wild card game and honestly Caldwell is a bad coach to me.    I thought he was terrible when he decided to sit his starters in the second half of that Jets game.  Great for the Jets as if they lost that game, they wouldn't have ever made that run and who knows if they ever would have made any runs, but a team who is undefeated and has a chance to remain undefeated decides to sit players in the second half of a game,  just stupid.      I was rooting for the Saints in the Super Bowl because the guy is a terrible HC.    He had a job because he's Dungy's buddy.   And Manning seems to stick up for him.

He pretty much got the Lions job because Ken went to the Titans and Dungy and manning were whispering in the ears of the Lions about Caldwell.   It's one thing if the Colts finished 7-9 or 6-10 or something, it's another where that team was lucky to even win a game.  That's not just on the players, that's on the coaches.   Yeah maybe they weren't going to challenge for the playoffs without Manning, but a good HC should at least get something out of a team.  It wasn't about Lose for Luck for most of that season, it was that he sucked as a HC and his team kind of gave up and were getting blown out every week.    

We bash Rex for having many blow out losses, but Caldwell had a team who was challenging 0-16 and was getting blown out every week.   Teams don't give up the first month of the season like that damn team seemed to do.  

And how was the offense in Baltimore this year?    He gets credit for taking over another guys Offense last year in December.    He wasn't the OC until like December when Cam got fired.   Flacco was on fire through the playoffs and had a Montana like postseason.   He might have helped a little, but it was obvious this season how bad he was as an OC.  Yeah they lost players, but so does every team.   And Flacco's big contract has nothing to do with Caldwell.    

But hey, maybe he'll turn the Lions around.   

Caldwell had zero control of what went down with those Colts teams. He made that dummy blunder calling the TO in the Jets game....but Manning and Polian ran the team.

He deserves credit for Flacco's turnaround last year and the Ravens playoff run. This isnt the second Art Shell tenure imo.

Archived