why is idzik pegged as some sort of cheap, depth signing, ultra conservative?

ylekram

Kerley is not the end of all. he is a decent slot receiver.  Any good qb works with what he has.  Also the Smith/Kerley stats are totally deceptive.  Kerley came back later in the year and played the last 4 games against 2 terribly inferior teams.  Against Miami and Carolina he did nothing. In fact, he had a mediocre year all around compared to the year he had in 2012. What you also missed is that Lacy was hurt at the beginning of the year. I would take Lacy over Ivory in a heartbeat. He is younger and damn near singlehandedly got the Pack into the playoffs after Rodgers got hurt.  And Kenny Stills ran 1 route huh?  that's ridiculous. And you couldn't trade our 2014 first round pick and throw Eugene in for Keenan Allen.  The Chargers would laugh. 

So, the Chargers wouldn't trade their number one receiver for a QB they don't need and the number 18 pick? Wow, that's pretty damning.

You can't applaud the Ivory trade and complain we didn't take Lacy at the same time. That was my point. But while we're on it, he ran for four yards a carry in Rodgers absence and the team went 2-4-1. Pretty heroic.

And yes, thus far in his career, Kenny Stills is a one-trick pony.

Duh of course his numbers will go down w/o Rodgers. Lacy revitalized the Pack's offense. All I'm saying is I would have rather had Lacy than Eugene and Allen rather than Ivory with the 4th round pick.   Sanchez could have filled in last year and we would have been in a nice position to grab a qb in this year's draft.  Smith wouldn't even be drafted ahead of any of these guys ...Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, McCarron, Garrapololo, Carr.

And Goodson looked explosive until he got injured. I think a lot of people want us to sign the Orakpos and Deckers and the lottery type free agents and I just don't see that from Idzik. I don't see him trading away the draft for Watkins when he can likely select Benjamin at 18. I truly believe Tannenbaum wanted headlines. I think Idzik will be measured and cautious and judicious with money. Not cheap

This is the biggest joke I hear.    Well they signed Goodson & Winslow and Ivory.    But Oh Geno had no weapons and the offense needs weapons.  And the OL sucks.

You can't really use the argument that he did well brining in guys like Goodson who really didn't play all season or a guy like Ivory who wasn't even as good as Greene.      

The Jets went into last offseason with no weapons on offense.  They ended the season with no weapons on offense.  Great that they didn't sign people to huge deals, but you can't Idzik props for doing anything on offense.   The Jets pretty much sucked once again on offense.      And going into next season they still don't have any RBs that are weapons unless they bring they draft or sign somebody.    I love how Goodson is some weapon.  Yeah a guy who hasn't done crap in his NFL career and didn't even play much all of last year is suddenly a lock to be good.   

Idzik did what the Jets always seem to do well.  He made the defense even better.  But the offense still sucks and has no weapons.  Lets hope he finds WRs, RBs, TEs, OL, and a QB.

Yeah it's unreasonable to expect every single transaction to be a good one. Slauson was a bad decision but he looked good on the Greene and Keller decisions

My biggest complaint on him thus far is not having a quality QB and fielding JV receivers

Slauson isn't the end of the world. He wasn't typical size and he was going to want to be paid more than it was worth. Look at the contract he just got in Chicago. I'm not going to hold it over anyone's head that we lost Slauson.

Archived