Connecting Marqise Lee to Jets

streamingsportspicks

The New York Jets took a step toward giving QB Geno Smith some legitimate pass-catchers this season by inking Eric Decker to a five-year, $36.25 million contract on Wednesday. ESPN NFL Insider Mel Kiper Jr. said Thursday in a media conference call that he views Decker as a No. 2 and expects them to target a genuine No. 1 receiver via the draft.

"I think Decker is a good No. 2 receiver," Kiper said, per ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini. "If you’re asking more than that, maybe you’re expecting too much. ..."

"If you get a guy like Marqise Lee or you get a guy like Odell Beckham Jr. (at No. 18), or if you get a guy like Brandin Cooks at that point, you’re still getting a guy who could be very viable with Decker," Kiper continued.

Dave Miller writes "all of those young WRs would be put to waste in NY"

Every year, there’s a WR that doesn’t have a lot of buzz long before the draft, but then shoots up the boards the closer the draft gets. Cooks may be that guy this year, just as Hardin and Austin were before him. I had rarely seen him graded as high as 18, but I now think there’s a good chance he goes in the top 3 WRs. Followed a monster year on the field with a great combine. Yeah, he’s only 5’10", I get it, but the guy makes plays all over the field, and is a threat to bring it to the house every play. May get the nod over Lee. Beckham and Matthews have a chance at the 3rd guy, too.

Every year, there’s a WR that doesn’t have a lot of buzz long before the draft, but then shoots up the boards the closer the draft gets. Cooks may be that guy this year, just as Hardin and Austin were before him. I had rarely seen him graded as high as 18, but I now think there’s a good chance he goes in the top 3 WRs. Followed a monster year on the field with a great combine. Yeah, he’s only 5’10", I get it, but the guy makes plays all over the field, and is a threat to bring it to the house every play. May get the nod over Lee. Beckham and Matthews have a chance at the 3rd guy, too.

Who do you have in the fifth at Belmont?

How long do you think until we know where Decker lands? I'm cautiously optimistic, but I've been burned before.

Archived