Mock Draft

derp

I ran the Jets in a forum mock on another site - figured I'd post the results here and see what thoughts are. Didn't love the way it came out, but it was okay. There were some picks I definitely liked and I managed to land some fits I think would be interesting.

18. Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State

49. Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

80. Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

104. Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama

115. Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama

137. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia

154. Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia

195. Christian Kirksey, LB, Iowa

209. Matt Patchan, OT, Boston College

210. Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma

233. Quincy Enunwa, WR, Nebraska

when it actually happens, Aaron Murray will go in the top 100. 

Love Cooks, Love Desir... don't know why the Jets need an Amaro in rd 2. They need a blocker TE more. 

Matt Patchan could be a rare nice sleeper at OT. Physical specimen but often injured. Back when he was at Florida some thought he was a probable first rounder.

Picked Amaro with ASJ and Niklas off the board. Think Amaro's a tier above Fiedorowicz who I wasn't even sure would be on the board at 80, and from there you're looking at something like Arthur Lynch with no real sense of where to draft him. They need to bring in a TE somewhere - I'd be surprised if they go into the season with Pantale as the #3 as I think it stands, and they at least need to bring in some competition for Sudfeld as the #2.

Amaro may not be an in line guy right now, but he's not lacking in size, strength, or effort from what I've watched so I think if you project a bit he'll get there. Not an immediate starter at TE, but the faith the Jets supposedly have in Cumberland buys them time to develop Amaro's blocking. For the time being they can run more two TE stuff and Amaro would be a nice intermediate target in passing situations. I also think blocking is overrated for TE's coming into the league. As long as you have the physical attributes and demeanor you're fine - teams are looking for receiving options.

Could be a smokescreen, but they've shown a lot of interest in him too (Idzik at Pro Day, private workout). 

Was really happy with the Murray-Sims-Kirksey-Patchan grouping. I think I was looking for Dri Archer to slip some but otherwise that was exactly what I wanted to do after I picked Sunseri.

when it actually happens, Aaron Murray will go in the top 100. 

Love Cooks, Love Desir... don't know why the Jets need an Amaro in rd 2. They need a blocker TE more. 

Matt Patchan could be a rare nice sleeper at OT. Physical specimen but often injured. Back when he was at Florida some thought he was a probable first rounder.

Troy Niklas is pretty good at blocking. Amaro is an offensive weapon though, something that we probably need more than a blocker. 

Archived