Players To Watch: Green Bay Packers

JetNation

Julius Peppers

Each week JN will review three players from the opposing team to keep an eye on. This week, the Packers…

1) Randall Cobb, WR: Cobb is a versatile receiver, capable of playing in the slot and outside. He is also a talented return man. Coming off a season where he only played in six games, Cobb had six receptions on nine targets for 58 yards and a touchdown week one. I’d imagine the Packers will try and match Cobb up in the slot with Kyle Wilson as much as possible.

2) Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, DB: The Jets had an opportunity to take the Alabama rookie in the first round of this years past draft but instead took Calvin Pryor. Dix is listed as a safety but saw snaps all over the field week one. He was also picked on by the Seahawks and struggle with his tackling. This could be a hole the Jets attack.

3) Julius Peppers, OLB: The veteran Peppers was signed as a free agent this offseason and is giddy he finally gets the chance to play as a 3-4 OLB. Peppers looked pretty good in week one but is also transitioning to a new defense and position. Peppers is one of the only true pass rushing threats the Packers have so neutralizing him could give Geno Smith all day to throw.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
eVA8LagUHoE

View the full article

Agreed on Cobb because I dont know who can check him.  

Dix not so much other than the recent comments about Rex complimenting him.  He's a non-factor after watching that Seattle game.  I'd replace Dix with Quarles.  Jets notoriously have a hard time covering TE's and Rodgers likes this dude a lot.  

Peppers is a shell of himself and you can run at him all game long.  Matthews is the better pass rusher these days.  

Nelson had 14 targets last game if I'm not mistaken, so I'd lock Allen on him all game long.  His length, tackling and physicality at the line could serve him well vs. Nelson. 

Lacy coming back too...he's a player to watch.  A physical runner with a burst.  Good test to see if the Jets can contain him.  They should because thats the D's strength and the Packers OL sucks. 

Agreed on Cobb because I dont know who can check him.  

Dix not so much other than the recent comments about Rex complimenting him.  He's a non-factor after watching that Seattle game.  I'd replace Dix with Quarles.  Jets notoriously have a hard time covering TE's and Rodgers likes this dude a lot.  

Peppers is a shell of himself and you can run at him all game long.  Matthews is the better pass rusher these days.  

Nelson had 14 targets last game if I'm not mistaken, so I'd lock Allen on him all game long.  His length, tackling and physicality at the line could serve him well vs. Nelson. 

Lacy coming back too...he's a player to watch.  A physical runner with a burst.  Good test to see if the Jets can contain him.  They should because thats the D's strength and the Packers OL sucks. 

Lacy is a beast, but I'm just not concerned with their running game until they prove me wrong. Not with our DL.

I'm actually more concerned about Boykin and Davante Adams having career days against our bottom-end CBs if they choose to abandon the run and spread us out.

Nobody on their defense scares me except Matthews. I think we can score (especially run) all day vs. this unit. The only thing that'll stop us is our propensity for turnovers and penalties.

Archived