2016 draft...

kelly

1. New York Jets - Connor Cook QB, Michigan State

Notable 2016 Free Agents: Muhammad Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Demario Davis, Chris Ivory, Chris Johnson

2015 NFL Mock draft Pick: Amari Cooper WR, Alabama

Teams Needs: QB/WR/RT/CB/RB

Another season, another chance to rectify a disastrous QB situation. Unless Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota fall in the 2015 NFL draft the Jets will likely go into the season with Geno Smith at the helm yet again. With a new coach, and a new scheme to learn, things are only going to get worse for the offense. 2015 should be the year that they finally bottom out enough to land a franchise QB in the subsequent draft.

There should be a lot of options at QB in 2016, especially if the top rated underclassmen declare. At this point the top rated QB for 2016 should be Connor Cook. Had he entered the 2015 draft he would've been a top 15 pick, and quite possibly would have challenged Winston and Mariota to be the first off of the board. He has a solid frame, a strong arm, decent mobility, and a strong grasp of a pro-style offense.

The Jets will have a lot of other issues to deal with at some point. There will be a lot of free agent decisions to make on the defense, particularly in the front seven, as well as at RB.

rest of above article :

> http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-nfl-mock-draft-steelers-list/2015/2/11/7962693/2016-nfl-mock-draft

1. New York Jets - Connor Cook QB, Michigan State

Notable 2016 Free Agents: Muhammad Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Demario Davis, Chris Ivory, Chris Johnson

2015 NFL Mock draft Pick: Amari Cooper WR, Alabama

Teams Needs: QB/WR/RT/CB/RB

Another season, another chance to rectify a disastrous QB situation. Unless Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota fall in the 2015 NFL draft the Jets will likely go into the season with Geno Smith at the helm yet again. With a new coach, and a new scheme to learn, things are only going to get worse for the offense. 2015 should be the year that they finally bottom out enough to land a franchise QB in the subsequent draft.

There should be a lot of options at QB in 2016, especially if the top rated underclassmen declare. At this point the top rated QB for 2016 should be Connor Cook. Had he entered the 2015 draft he would've been a top 15 pick, and quite possibly would have challenged Winston and Mariota to be the first off of the board. He has a solid frame, a strong arm, decent mobility, and a strong grasp of a pro-style offense.

The Jets will have a lot of other issues to deal with at some point. There will be a lot of free agent decisions to make on the defense, particularly in the front seven, as well as at RB.

rest of above article :

> http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-nfl-mock-draft-steelers-list/2015/2/11/7962693/2016-nfl-mock-draft

Hope to hell this doesn't happen.

Cook will be the best QB going into the NFL since Andrew Luck.

I can't see us having the #1 pick next year. So I do see us trying to trade up to get him though. I was hoping he came out this year so we could grab him. I like him better the Bryce Petty, who I was hoping we'd take this year in 2-3 round. That said is why I'm advocating trading down this year to acquire more picks, because we' re going to need our picks next year to trade up for COOK.... :love0030:   

Get it done Mac...

I can't see us having the #1 pick next year. So I do see us trying to trade up to get him though. I was hoping he came out this year so we could grab him. I like him better the Bryce Petty, who I was hoping we'd take this year in 2-3 round. That said is why I'm advocating trading down this year to acquire more picks, because we' re going to need our picks next year to trade up for COOK.... :love0030:   

Get it done Mac...

we'll most probably be drafting in the top 3 in the 2016 draft..if we're not drafting in the #1 slot,.. I hope we trade up    :love0040:   

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

we'll most probably be drafting in the top 3 in the 2016 draft..if we're not drafting in the #1 slot,.. I hope we trade up    :love0040:

I think it all depends on this off season, and what moves we make and how well we draft. If Free Agency goes well, I can see us improving on 4-12. That said, I think we're about where we are now in the draft or a few spots down. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face trade down this year for extra picks and trade up next year for Cook. I agree with you completely on Cook, He's my #1 choice next year to go and get, unless the bottom drops out on him, or some unforeseen injury (crossing my fingers that doesn't happen) lol...

Get ur done MAC...

Archived