Best I've Seen From Mehta in Years: NFL Investigates Jets re Revis

AFJF

Woody was warned last year and the policy was explained to him, The pats charged him with tampering in the Branch case, and I am sure he became familiar with the rule then. The Jets lost a 1st and moe for tampering with Parcells, so please with the jets dont push rules, and only the pats do.

Woody is not an idiot and pleading he is one is not going to be received well.  If it was anybody but kensil leading the investigation jet fans would be more concerned.

..Not quite the Jets had hired BB for the HC job and the Tuna was to be a adviser for a year till his Pat contract was up. Kraft cried and Tags sat down with Hess and Kraft and came up with the 1st pick for compensation. Just like in 2000 when the Tuna left and BB was to be the HC and he resigned on a napkin and went to work for Kraft and we got a first rd pick back..

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..Not quite the Jets had hired BB for the HC job and the Tuna was to be a adviser for a year till his Pat contract was up. Kraft cried and Tags sat down with Hess and Kraft and came up with the 1st pick for compensation. Just like in 2000 when the Tuna left and BB was to be the HC and he resigned on a napkin and went to work for Kraft and we got a first rd pick back..

No the jets hired parcells to be the coach. He then began the scheme when the pats complained.  If the pats did not complain, he would have remained as HC,

Tag ruled that he could not be the coach. The jets then pulled the sham of making BB the coach. Tags then ruled no way and if Parcells wanted to remain, comp will have to be given and he awarded the pats a 1st for the tampering. 

With BB, Kraft called the jets and wanted to sign BB, Parcels then resigned as HC, became the GM triggering the clause that BB signed with Hess to prevent him from going to KC. Gutman then told Kraft that BB was not in play. BB resigned, Tags ruled that BB would have to sit out a year from football entirely. A couple of weeks later Parcells called Kraft and brokered the deal to release BB from the one year non compete. The league approved the trade, but there was no  punishment with BB moving to the pats. 

I was pissed that Kraft did not let BB sit out the year, Weis and Crennel had already cut ties with Parcells as they testified on BB behalf telling the League that they heard conversations that Parcells never wanted to be a GM and that him moving up was a sham. Kraft could have hired Crennel and Weis cut all the dead wood that BB was forced to that first year and put to offense and defense into effect. Kraft sh*t the bed and did not want to get out bid for BB the next year. and caved to Parcells.    

And you will be proven wrong, it will be fun to watch with all of your ignorant grandstanding!

And if the jets get punished it will be fun reading your Godell is a stooge even though the ex jet director of footballs ops is in charge of the investigation and not godell

So let the jets file charges, I am not concerned

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 11m11 minutes ago

Jets have filed tampering charges against Patriots based on Robert Kraft's Monday comments about Darrelle Revis, per league source.

And for the record, I think both charges are silly and the NFL should tell them both to chill.  Long history between franchises though...

Archived