3rd Overall Pick is...?

j4jets

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be selected 3rd overall? (1st - Winston, 2nd - Mariotta)

• Leonard Williams
    • Dante Fowler
    • Shane Ray
    • Cooper
    • Vic Beasley
    • Bud Dupree
    • Other - Specify

You're telling me that the Jags pass up Williams, the hands-down BPA in the entire draft, because of that DL? They should run up there and grab him while they can. Unless you believe that Rex made a mistake with Richardson using the same logic....

Yes. Williams is the hands-down BPA in the draft? According to who? He'll drop because the teams ahead of us who have a shot are already committed $$$ to their DLines and need an edge rusher. If Oak doesn't go WR, then I see Williams @#4, other wise he drops.

Where have I stated that I am against taking Williams if he's there for us ? I posted two spots later as to WHY it would make perfect sense to select him if he's there.

??????????

And yes, EVERYONE was against & berated the Sheldon pick at the time. Don't claim you expected the Jets to take a DT #13 overall and knew he was going to be the player he has been for us.

The Raiders would draft Leonard Williams. What's the difference if only one Wr comes off the board in the first five picks. I expect the run of the pass rushers to happen before the run on Wr's.

You don't know that for sure. Why wouldn't they draft White? They have a young QB whom they need to give weapons. The top 4 could be Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White. That leaves the Jets with either Fowler & Williams (depending on who Wash picks). Either one would be great. 

You don't know that for sure. Why wouldn't they draft White? They have a young QB whom they need to give weapons. The top 4 could be Winston, Mariota, Cooper, White. That leaves the Jets with either Fowler & Williams (depending on who Wash picks). Either one would be great.

The Raiders have a very similar Wr already on their roster to Kevin White. ( has two years of NFL experience under his belt.(Brice Butler) http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82134&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

Also Raiders feel they can get a Wr later in the draft closer to top Wr's , than they can get a pass rusher closer to one's they can get in the first.( basically bigger gap between the pass rushers, than the Wr's). why you take the pass rusher first than address the Wr position.

JMO I think it's obvious Raiders are going defense with their first pick. Who it will be Leonard Williams, Dante Fowler, or Vic Beasley ( this I can't tell you). Y

It seems the growing concensus is that IN AN EVER EVOLVING LEAGUE THAT IS BECOMING LOP-SIDED TOWARDS OFFENSE & the PASSING GAME through officiating & rule changes, RBs & WRs are NOT WORTH taking in the top 10 of a draft. Despite the fact that they are the main scorers in the game.

Teams prefer to go defense in the top of the draft rather than offense. Got it.

Archived