Todd McShay's way-too-early 2016 Mock Draft

Morrissey

Lewan was called disappoint by the analyst on the tv the other day,  You guys were all saying scherff could play tackle last year, he lasted 1/2 a preseason before being put at guard,  5th overall pick on a guard, he better be a 10 year pro bowler from day one.,

• 2 weeks later...

Lewan was called disappoint by the analyst on the tv the other day,  You guys were all saying scherff could play tackle last year, he lasted 1/2 a preseason before being put at guard,  5th overall pick on a guard, he better be a 10 year pro bowler from day one.,

I would take Taylor Lewan on the Jets tomorrow if he was available .  As for Scherff, the kid will be fine  as long as the Skin don't jerk him around from position to position. It's his 1st year as a pro and he has to get use to the NFL. I remember folks wanting Decastro, then calling him a bust and now watching him develop into a solid OG . We as fans put too  high expectations on college players entering the pros and are quick to label them when those expectations are not met immediately.

I would take Taylor Lewan on the Jets tomorrow if he was available .  As for Scherff, the kid will be fine  as long as the Skin don't jerk him around from position to position. It's his 1st year as a pro and he has to get use to the NFL. I remember folks wanting Decastro, then calling him a bust and now watching him develop into a solid OG . We as fans put too  high expectations on college players entering the pros and are quick to label them when those expectations are not met immediately.

It's all about value, pick position and who else is on the board Tinstar.  If you are taking a guy who is going to top out as a guard as a pro top 10 let alone top 5 he better be a Steve Hutchinson.

Archived