FBGP's 2015 NFL Draft Grades: Jets

EmDiggy

appreciate the review & agree with most of what you are saying.

one minor point i'd argue however is that it's still a couple years too early to talk about replacing David Harris considering last month we just paid him on a 3 year 21.5 mil deal with 15 guaranteed.

the second point i'd argue a little more strongly would be your rating of Bryce Petty.  while i hope you are right, i can't imagine that he's already better than Fitzpatrick.  The reasonable expectation for him is to simply battle with Simms for QB#3 this year as opposed to Practice Squad.  Also there is much debate on the QB#1 position between Geno & Fitzpatrick ... it is far from set in stone ...

your breakdown (that i don't agree with) basically said to me -  1. Geno ... big gap, 2. Rookie Bryce Petty, 3. Fitzpatrick, 4. Simms

anyway, all in all great stuff ... always love hearing your thoughts!

Thanks Em.

Thanks Jetdawgg!

appreciate the review & agree with most of what you are saying.

one minor point i'd argue however is that it's still a couple years too early to talk about replacing David Harris considering last month we just paid him on a 3 year 21.5 mil deal with 15 guaranteed.

the second point i'd argue a little more strongly would be your rating of Bryce Petty.  while i hope you are right, i can't imagine that he's already better than Fitzpatrick.  The reasonable expectation for him is to simply battle with Simms for QB#3 this year as opposed to Practice Squad.  Also there is much debate on the QB#1 position between Geno & Fitzpatrick ... it is far from set in stone ...

your breakdown (that i don't agree with) basically said to me -  1. Geno ... big gap, 2. Rookie Bryce Petty, 3. Fitzpatrick, 4. Simms

anyway, all in all great stuff ... always love hearing your thoughts!

Thanks ljr! Much appreciated. Serious question: Do you think Fitzpatrick is better than Geno or gives the team the best chance to win? If so, then why?

Thanks Jetdawgg!

Thanks ljr! Much appreciated. Serious question: Do you think Fitzpatrick is better than Geno or gives the team the best chance to win? If so, then why?

That's the $64,000 question my friend ... And I truly do not know.

What I do know however is the following:

1. Big Mac and Todd Bowles have been very impressive with their thought process, decisions and actions since being placed in charge.

2. Chan Gailey has a well established reputation for getting the most out of marginal QB talent.

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of those QB's who had some of his best performances under Chan.

So what does that all mean ?

It means I trust Mac, Bowles, & Chan to make a well informed, thorough, and smart decision on which of the two gives us the best chance to win starting the season. As most people do, I believe Geno has the higher ceiling ... But also the lower floor. If one significantly outperforms the other during Training Camp and Preseason I expect that QB to get the nod. Which of the two will get the decision in a virtual tie I've gone back and forth with both what I expect ... And honestly with which one I want :)

Thanks Jetdawgg!

I'm thinking Fitzpatrick for the sole reason..... Turnovers!!

If the QB position can keep to under 12 TO's for the season then I think we stand a very good chance of going 8-8; 9-7 or 10-6.

Fitzpatrick gets the ball out quickly and tends to read the "D" better.

Geno could very well make a big step forward this year but we need to see it.

I hope Petty beats out Simms.... time for some new blood and new competition!

After the QB position, the OL is really where I am concerned the most. Breno and the G positions really worry me. Brick is spending

way too much effort trying to pick up the slack of the LG and subsequently has had less than stellar years. Hopefully having Carpenter

next to Breno will help out that right side and Aboushi can take a big step this year as well.

Archived