5 Most Overrated Players in the NFL ...eric decker is #___ ? ? ?

kelly

612 yards and 8 TD's on 44 catches while playing with Tebow.

8th and 12th in DVOA in the 2 years with Peyton, respectively.

Nearly 1,000 yards and 27th in DVOA, with a bad hamstring, playing with Geno.

Totes overrated guys cool article.

Where was your common sense when you wasted time signing up for a forum in support of a team you play like.. Once every 2 years.

To be fair, Jets play the Raiders 2 out of 3 years. 

Just a side note here...

The whole narrative that teams out of the playoffs stop trying is such nonsense. These players and coaches want to be in the league forever. A reputation of a quitter is hard to shake. All of these guys want to impress on every play no matter what. Mind you this is a league where a majority of the guys can have their deals virtually terminated at any moment. It was also a division game. You really think the Dolphins didn't care about a loss to the Jets? Lol, ridiculous.

I'll defend Decker to the death. Dude almost puts up a 1,000 yard season with Vick and Geno playing musical chairs under center along with missing a few games and playing through most with a pulled hammy. Anything to low ball the Jets though right?

agreed !.. now if we just had a good qb to pass to him..  

:frown:

612 yards and 8 TD's on 44 catches while playing with Tebow.

8th and 12th in DVOA in the 2 years with Peyton, respectively.

Nearly 1,000 yards and 27th in DVOA, with a bad hamstring, playing with Geno.

Totes overrated guys cool article.

Lol

So a healthy Decker and having Brandon Marshall should produce a 1,000 yard receiving year for Eric Decker in 2015. Still waiting for the 2015 numbers you expect from Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. Anyone?

Listen I don't care how bad the Qb or the weapons around them, someone has to catch the balls for an offense. Case in point. Te Brandon Myers in 2012 for the Raiders had 79 receptions for 806 yards his last year with the Raiders. Did that make him a good tightened putting up those numbers on a bad team. the question was why would anyone throw the football thAt much to him.(

Decker put up 410 yards in three of the last four game of the season. 962 yards he finished with - 410( 3 out of the four last games of season )= 552 yards in 12 other games(46 yards per game)

You somehow managed to double down on the lunacy of your previous post.  Take the top 3 performances away from a guy who played 14.5 games and watch his numbers decrease significantly!  Wow, I assume you have a degree in logic and statistics!   You know what else?  Take the Jets 3 worst losses out and they were really only 4 and 9 and their point differential dramatically decreases!

What the hell does it matter my "prediction" for Marshall and Decker?  If both are healthy, even with Geno Smith, I would expect that they would each be over 1,000 yards and a minimum of 5 TD's each.  Nothing earth shattering on account of the QB but consistently productive.  The real key is what their stats would be once I subtract their 5 best games, right?  I mean, that's the true barometer.

Your Brandon Myers example is not even in the ballpark because that guy did not play at a very high level before his one good season in Oakland.  Decker has a body of work that includes 2 pro bowl caliber seasons on his resume.  Even in that one good season, no defense game planned to stop Myers.  Decker drew the other team's top CB in every game.  Your point would make sense if Decker had a disproportionate number of targets or a catch rate of 50% or less.  He didn't, and regardless of the weak arguments you have brought to the table, he's simply not overrated.

You somehow managed to double down on the lunacy of your previous post. Take the top 3 performances away from a guy who played 14.5 games and watch his numbers decrease significantly! Wow, I assume you have a degree in logic and statistics! You know what else? Take the Jets 3 worst losses out and they were really only 4 and 9 and their point differential dramatically decreases!

What the hell does it matter my "prediction" for Marshall and Decker? If both are healthy, even with Geno Smith, I would expect that they would each be over 1,000 yards and a minimum of 5 TD's each. Nothing earth shattering on account of the QB but consistently productive. The real key is what their stats would be once I subtract their 5 best games, right? I mean, that's the true barometer.

Your Brandon Myers example is not even in the ballpark because that guy did not play at a very high level before his one good season in Oakland. Decker has a body of work that includes 2 pro bowl caliber seasons on his resume. Even in that one good season, no defense game planned to stop Myers. Decker drew the other team's top CB in every game. Your point would make sense if Decker had a disproportionate number of targets or a catch rate of 50% or less. He didn't, and regardless of the weak arguments you have brought to the table, he's simply not overrated.

Yep.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Archived