IndyStar Writer Gregg Doyel Talks Colts With JetNation.com

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   As the Jets prepare for their week 2 match-up against the Indianapolis Colts, JetNation.com reached out to Greg Doyell who covers the Colts for IndyStar.com.  Doyell was happy to offer his perspective on the Colts’ opening day loss to the Bills, some key matchups against the Jets, and the Colts […]

Click here to read the full story...

Thanks for the article.  That's probably one of the most honest interview answers I've seen from a team reporter.  It's usually, veiled hoopla about how the team is making progress or how a loss was an aberration, but Greg answered a lot of questions with realistic and logical answers.  

Agreed...I did some research on Doyel before the interview and he seems like a guy who has upset some people in the past with his candor which is why I reached out to him and he didn't pull any punches.  Enjoyed speaking with him.

Looks like Hilton may be coming along better than Doyel and other writers speculated.

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/13720/colts-are-optmistic-that-t-y-hilton-will-play-against-the-jets

INDIANAPOLIS -- It’s gone from looking bleak to having some hope when it comes to Indianapolis Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton playing in Monday’s game against the New York Jets.

Coach Chuck Pagano said Thursday that he’s optimistic that Hilton will play. The Pro Bowl receiver suffered a bruised left knee in their Week 1 loss to theBuffalo Bills. Colts owner Jim Irsay after the game in Buffalo that he thought the injury could cause Hilton to miss some time.

“I’m not where I want to be right now, but it’s getting there,” Hilton said. “It feels good, so we’ll see.”

Hilton has not practiced this week, but hopes to be able to do some field work in practice Friday.

The Colts have an extra day of practice by playing on Monday. That also means it’s an additional 24 hours for Hilton’s knee to heal.

“I have a couple more days to see where I’m at,” Hilton said.

If Hilton, who had seven catches for 88 yards against Buffalo, doesn’t play, second-year receiver Donte Moncrief will likely start opposite of veteran Andre Johnson against the Jets.

Archived