What does a win next week say?

jetsfan719

You can't base the outcome of a game based on what happened in the past. The Patriots could easily blow the Jets completely out of Gillette Stadium. I don't think that will happen but it could. I hope the Jets defense rises in defense of unfortunate comments made by Sheldon Richardson who seems to forget that Rex Ryan is no longer around to back up his words with even dumber statements - and no results.

If a player went into a game thinking we will lose I wouldn't want him on the team.. Although a SOJF probably would applaud a player that said we are going to get killed..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so I know before the game begins, is there any way the Patriots can win this game without cheating? And if not, what are the instances of cheating I should look out for? And as you say they are cheaters, how have they been cheating in 2015? Just curious.

I hate the whole they cheated that's why the won BS. For those that played football you still have to execute out there and actually PEDs give you a way bigger advantage. There were times I played when we knew the play that was coming and still could not stop it. Hell when I watch now I know certain plays are coming and still the D can do nothing. The deflated football crap was because the Colts are weak. After they replaced the balls, the Colts got their asses kicked. 

If NE wins it will be because they scored more than the Jets. The rest is just foolish smacktalk discussed by those that never played the game. 

I hate the whole they cheated that's why the won BS. For those that played football you still have to execute out there and actually PEDs give you a way bigger advantage. There were times I played when we knew the play that was coming and still could not stop it. Hell when I watch now I know certain plays are coming and still the D can do nothing. The deflated football crap was because the Colts are weak. After they replaced the balls, the Colts got their asses kicked. 

If NE wins it will be because they scored more than the Jets. The rest is just foolish smacktalk discussed by those that never played the game. 

So according to your logic the league should not have investigated Spygate and/or Deflategate because it makes no difference between winning and losing.

So according to your logic the league should not have investigated Spygate and/or Deflategate because it makes no difference between winning and losing.

I don't know enough to opine to be honest. Perhaps investigations were in order? I think with Spygate from what I've read the only issue was camera placement and Mangini has come out and stated that he regrets every saying anything and how it was overblown. NE has consistently won since then. Post Deflategate, they have put up insane stats and was not the initial Mort report utterly inaccurate? Our kicker had the same issue if you recall and the league only suspended some equipment scrub. To answer your question I am not sure what any investigation accomplished other than creating distrust of NE and the league itself. I also don't trust the league because of how they hid the whole concussion issue until public outcry. 

So to make a long story short I think it was overblown (deflategate). Having played the game, you have to execute. Period. Spygate. I honestly don't know enough about it. Was it more than just camera placement? But again in the end teams have to execute. Have you played the game, yourself, sir?

I don't know enough to opine to be honest. Perhaps investigations were in order? I think with Spygate from what I've read the only issue was camera placement and Mangini has come out and stated that he regrets every saying anything and how it was overblown. NE has consistently won since then. Post Deflategate, they have put up insane stats and was not the initial Mort report utterly inaccurate? Our kicker had the same issue if you recall and the league only suspended some equipment scrub. To answer your question I am not sure what any investigation accomplished other than creating distrust of NE and the league itself. I also don't trust the league because of how they hid the whole concussion issue until public outcry. 

So to make a long story short I think it was overblown (deflategate). Having played the game, you have to execute. Period. Spygate. I honestly don't know enough about it. Was it more than just camera placement? But again in the end teams have to execute. Have you played the game, yourself, sir?

Not in an organized fashion but I do know that there are rules, standards and specs in all sports that need to be adhered to in the interest of fair play.  If that's not true we should do away with penalty flags.

Don't need to play the game to understand that, no?

Not in an organized fashion but I do know that there are rules, standards and specs in all sports that need to be adhered to in the interest of fair play.  If that's not true we should do away with penalty flags.

Don't need to play the game to understand that, no?

Of course. But rules are broken constantly and the issue is how much were the rules broken. If I got 75 and the speed limit is 60 I broke the law but it is a minor infraction. If I drove drunk and hit some cars it is a more flagrant violation. As I understand it neither of these was that major. PED use is worse. Bullying in the locker room is worse. Salary cap manipulation is worse. Fake sound noise is worse. IMO.

Also, the Saints did not do anything wrong with so called BountyGate yet the NFL made up a bunch of crap and suspended Payton. Actually the Saints were one of the least penalized teams that year. So while I agree with you 100%. I don't trust the information disseminated from the NFL. 

Maybe I am naive because I also think that Clemens and AROD were elite athletes and deserve HOF status despite the PEDs because baseball is mostly a non-contact sport and pretty much everyone was doing it in the 80s-90s. So don't take my word as law. :)

Of course. But rules are broken constantly and the issue is how much were the rules broken. If I got 75 and the speed limit is 60 I broke the law but it is a minor infraction. If I drove drunk and hit some cars it is a more flagrant violation. As I understand it neither of these was that major. PED use is worse. Bullying in the locker room is worse. Salary cap manipulation is worse. Fake sound noise is worse. IMO.

Also, the Saints did not do anything wrong with so called BountyGate yet the NFL made up a bunch of crap and suspended Payton. Actually the Saints were one of the least penalized teams that year. So while I agree with you 100%. I don't trust the information disseminated from the NFL. 

Maybe I am naive because I also think that Clemens and AROD were elite athletes and deserve HOF status despite the PEDs because baseball is mostly a non-contact sport and pretty much everyone was doing it in the 80s-90s. So don't take my word as law. :)

I hear where you are coming from but I have to respectfully disagree.

Any level of cheating, anywhere in any sport cannot be tolerated.  You put the integrity of the sport at risk.

If cheating at any level is accepted and tolerated in any sport, it no longer becomes a sport.  It becomes the WWF.

Not fair to anyone else playing fair and square.

I come from a golfing background where I have played in tournaments.

There is zero tolerance for any form of cheating.  The integrity of the players and the respect for the sport results in players calling penalties on themselves.

And as I said before, if you are caught cheating, you are ostracized and no one will play with you again.

There has to be a firm line drawn in all sports that needs to be adhered to.  That's why there are rule books.

You sound like a nice guy but I am pretty black and white on this.  Shouldn't be any shades of grey. 

I hear where you are coming from but I have to respectfully disagree.

Any level of cheating, anywhere in any sport cannot be tolerated.  You put the integrity of the sport at risk.

If cheating at any level is accepted and tolerated in any sport, it no longer becomes a sport.  It becomes the WWF.

Not fair to anyone else playing fair and square.

I come from a golfing background where I have played in tournaments.

There is zero tolerance for any form of cheating.  The integrity of the players and the respect for the sport results in players calling penalties on themselves.

And as I said before, if you are caught cheating, you are ostracized and no one will play with you again.

There has to be a firm line drawn in all sports that needs to be adhered to.  That's why there are rule books.

You sound like a nice guy but I am pretty black and white on this.  Shouldn't be any shades of grey. 

Thats fair but then the NFL needs to do a control experiment. Like with the Saints for example. How many other teams had "bounties"...do a thorough investigation. In terms of crowd noise. Have other teams done it? Or salary cap manipulation? Tanking? The fine for deflated footballs was $25k. It would be like me running late for job interview and parking near a fire hydrant. I pay the $$$ fine and I am good to go. You cannot just make up punishments at a whim. Let me see..yes Payton out for 1 yr. even though we have no proof of bounty gate. Falcons you lose a 5th round pick. Browns a 4th round pick. What? why? 

I am OK with enforcement but it needs to be consistent. Imagine if my fine for the fire hydrant was loss of license for a year. I'd be like what? Wait? Why? I think that's the main issue I have. I need full facts to see who is guilty and/or innocent. With Ray Rice and AP there was no doubt as there was visual proof. 

To your point I played football and basketball for years. Still play basketball. People do all sorts of "cheating" things. From sticky crap, to slimy crap to dirty plays. It is part of the culture unfortunately. I am not saying I am right. I just think in a physical game like football, you man up and stop the other team and conversely have them stop you. Rest is just excuses. I teach my kids that too. Maybe I am a bad parent. But as Obi Wan said. "Only the Sith deal in absolutes" :)

Archived