Lose Mo AND Sheldon?

PCP63

I'm no GM, and dont pretend to be BUT, we have drafted DL since REX is here and we have SHLT to show for it.

+1 6th rd pick Klecko and 2nd rd pick Gastineau had more of a affect on the D of their team then anyone other then Revis had on any Jet team of the last 8 years..

We'd be crazy to let Mo go. He's the best defender on the team. We've jerked him around for years. It's time to pay the guy, IMO. He deserves it. Great player who always puts the team first.

Unless Williams implodes Richardson's days are numbered. He'll be traded at some point.

While I agree that he is the best defender, class act, professional, and deserves to be paid, I don't necessarily agree that it should be the Jets who pay him.  The question is, looking at the big picture, and the money he wants - is it in the best interests of the Jets to pay him?

I don't know - we don't even know what money he is looking for.  But, if we can afford him, and we want to pay him and trade Sheldon, this is fine.  But there is no way, in the long run that we can keep both IMO.  I also, don't think people realize how good Snacks was for us.

As far as him being jerked around.  I don't know what happened in the Idzik mess, but just because a team doesn't fall over and pay a player in his last year whatever that player wants, it doesn't mean that he is jerked around.  If he and the Jets are really miles apart about what he is worth, or the Jets agree on his worth, but don't think they can afford him, that isn't jerking a guy around.  I don't know what he was told, what he asked for, or anything, but neither do most people.  Its easy to say 'pay him'. I hope he stays, but I don't think it is likely - I hope I am proven wrong.

While I agree that he is the best defender, class act, professional, and deserves to be paid, I don't necessarily agree that it should be the Jets who pay him.  The question is, looking at the big picture, and the money he wants - is it in the best interests of the Jets to pay him?

I don't know - we don't even know what money he is looking for.  But, if we can afford him, and we want to pay him and trade Sheldon, this is fine.  But there is no way, in the long run that we can keep both IMO.  I also, don't think people realize how good Snacks was for us.

As far as him being jerked around.  I don't know what happened in the Idzik mess, but just because a team doesn't fall over and pay a player in his last year whatever that player wants, it doesn't mean that he is jerked around.  If he and the Jets are really miles apart about what he is worth, or the Jets agree on his worth, but don't think they can afford him, that isn't jerking a guy around.  I don't know what he was told, what he asked for, or anything, but neither do most people.  Its easy to say 'pay him'. I hope he stays, but I don't think it is likely - I hope I am proven wrong.

We don't know but we do know this Mac hasn't been cheap on any contracts some fans say we overpaid on some.. Yet Mac can't sign Mo?? Who is being unreasonable in their demands?? Me thinks it's not Mac..;)

We don't know but we do know this Mac hasn't been cheap on any contracts some fans say we overpaid on some.. Yet Mac can't sign Mo?? Who is being unreasonable in their demands?? Me thinks it's not Mac..;)

Could be, at least Mo has been very professional about all of it.  Not running to the media, not crying over his 1 Q suspension.

I would guess Mo is asking for too much, but who knows; he certainly played a great season. Sucks he got hurt - hopefully a speedy and full recovery.

Archived