Did signing Suh help Miami?

Jetster

Woody brought in Mac to draft better, manage the team better & most importantly win a Super Bowl. The Dolphins are dead after the two moves they made last year, giving Suh a ridiculous 100 million $ contract and signing Tannyhill to a "Franchise QB" contract.

Look no further than to our NY Jet fan base to see if fans were in charge we'd be the Miami Dolphins next year with a journeyman QB making 11/12 million & a DT making 12/14 million. If Mo Wilkerson & his agent were "reasonable" regarding the type of contract he wants he would have been signed already. St. Louis signed Robert Quinn, Mo should be in that range, Mo couldn't hold Aaron Donalds jock strap (game changer).

Just the idea we might have to franchise Mo & pay him 16 million makes me want to puke in my mouth. Let's face it folks, look no further than the Carolina Panthers. Short is their MVP up front. Damon Harrison is more valuable than an overpriced Mo. They have a great corner but the straws that stir the Panthers drink is their Linebackers, Keuckly & Davis, why? Because they can cover, rush & tackle.

Great DTs are dinosaurs in this league. Offensive lines are stacked with 340 LB behemoths that are allowed to hold as long as they don't extend their arms, which inside, is really easy to do. Game changers in this league are the quick squatty guys like Donald & Bennett in Seattle, or the bend the edge pass rushers like Von Miller. Refs have to call those pull down holds that everyone in the country can see. 

This Jet team needs an influx of SPEED not overpaying lumbering DTs. (Sheldon Richardson is actually a better more versatile player than Mo, but he's a bad seed that's a suspension waiting to happen. The Patriots signed Jabaal Sheard cheaply to play inside, because they have the LBs in Collins & Hightower to make plays. Sorry, but if I'm shelling out millions 8/9 I'm giving it to a player like Bruce Irvin, who can rush, chase down a RB on the edge, I seen this guy make a tackle on the sideline 30 yards downfield. 

How you allocate your cap dollars is incredibly important & our lack of speed on the edge & at LB is killing this team on 3rd downs. Sure we beat the Pats with 3 of their offensive players out but is there anyone on this planet that thinks a healthy Dion Lewis wouldn't have torn us a new azzhole? 

The Steelers defense sucks azz but their heading to the playoffs while our Jets are hitting the links. If we had Jarvis Landry, or Martavus Bryant or Jordan Matthews playing in that 3rd WR we probably make the playoffs. I can't wait to see the decisions Mac makes but I'm hoping he spends more on the offensive side of the ball, and completely overhauls this LB crew. If he overpays for Mo & Fitz I'll be extremely disappointed for our mediocre future. We'll be just good enough to tease the fans until we find our franchise QB. I want to see some bold moves & some real financial restraint. We DO NOT have any superstars (Marshall is under contract & he's our only game changer). 

I look at it this way, what is our record without Mo? What is our record without Marshall? Case closed. By far the most interesting offseason for us in years. Mac will play some poker, he has too, there's gonna be some bold coming our way, tighten your seatbelts.

Archived