If the NFL had to contract 1 team per division

TuscanyTile2

Since it's the offseason, why not do some wacky threads.  If the NFL had to contract 1 team per division who would be the likely candidates?  Below are my choices.  The NFC had some really tough choices.

AFC East
New England Patriots
New York Jets 
Buffalo Bills: I like having this franchise but it seems like they have financial issues and occasionally play in Canada.
Miami Dolphins

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns: Last in first out.   I know it's not fair that the Ravens are really the Browns but the Ravens have won 2 Superbowls so they have to stay.

AFC South
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars: Crappy stadium.  I don't think they have a huge fanbase.  They're a relatively new team (late 90's)
Tennessee Titans

AFC West    
Denver Broncos    
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers: Another team I would hate to see go but apparently they're having their troubles financially right now.

NFC East
Washington Redskins
Philadelphia Eagles: Very difficult choice but only choosing them based on process of elimination.  The other 3 are multiple time Superbowl winners and league classics.
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys

NFC North
Minnesota Vikings
Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions: Another very difficult choice.  All classic teams.  OTOH, the Lions have a losing history and at least it would improve Thanksgiving day football.
Chicago Bears

NFC South
Carolina Panthers: Another last in first out choice.  But it sure would be weird to contract a team that just went 15-1 and might win it all. 
Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams: Another tough choice but since they're moving stadiums anyway, maybe they're in financial trouble.
San Francisco 49ers

They would never go by division. They would select 8 teams and realign.

In your scenario those picks would probably be right but hard to see the hapless Browns go. They represent the losing but proud fan base of the NFL in my opinion.

Archived