love me some forte

kmnj

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

$2-3 million?  When the inferior Ivory gets $6.5?  Not going to happen.

Wow was I wrong.  $4 mill/season for Forte and $6.5/season for Ivory.  2 year difference in age.

Forte = all-around back.  Ivory = one-dimensional back.  

Who cares if he is 30?  He's only going to be here acouple of years, much like Brandon Marshall and how did that work out?

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How early is early?  I would hate to draft a RB in the 1st round (prob not even in the 2nd round).

If it takes a pick in the first 3 rounds to get a productive, or even a potentially elite-type back, I am all for it.  I think Elliot is the only back worthy of a 1st round pick and if he were there at 20 I would not hesitate.  The 1A tier are 2nd and 3rd round guys, including Henry.  We've lived with RB by committee using guys on the down side of their careers and an assortment of marginal players.  I know it is a passing league, but top flight RB value is not diminished, especially in the absence of a franchise QB. I don't think the Rams regret drafting Gurly in the first, and Elliot is in the same class IMO. 

4 hours ago, afosomf said:

seriously Forte is a good player but a waste of $$ by jets. team would be better served drafting a RB in 3rd rd. Team needs a franchise QB, forte will just allow jets to win enuff games to bow out of 2017 draft

We weren't losing that many games to begin with. Forte puts points on the board. I am in it to win every game when the season starts. He makes us closer to that.

Archived