Problem with All these Young QB's

roscoeword

We act as if we'll know if Hack or Petty is the real thing in a year or two, etc... but as you know, qb's often stink at the beginning, even for a few years. Only if they have pedigree like Eli and Petyton do they get extra chances  to prove themselves again. (Eli really stunk at the beginnig, I still don't like him, btw). What I'm saying is : how do you know when to give up on a guy? Do we give up on Geno because of the kind of mistakes he makes are uncorrectable? (mental) If Hack stinks up the joint in the first half of the season, is that all the rope he gets and then we try Petty?  It's rare that a rookie qb is lights out from out of the gate, and if they are, they might end up like RG3 or others that started well and petered out. So what I'm trying to say is: to have a stable of young qb's and toss the dice with them can be a very time consuming process. And if you have more than one, you might give up on him too fast. Again, watching the Mannings in their first year they were horrible, and only their high draft status and pedigree gave them more rope. Any other guy would have been benched for someone else.

17 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

We act as if we'll know if Hack or Petty is the real thing in a year or two, etc... but as you know, qb's often stink at the beginning, even for a few years. Only if they have pedigree like Eli and Petyton do they get extra chances  to prove themselves again. (Eli really stunk at the beginnig, I still don't like him, btw). What I'm saying is : how do you know when to give up on a guy? Do we give up on Geno because of the kind of mistakes he makes are uncorrectable? (mental) If Hack stinks up the joint in the first half of the season, is that all the rope he gets and then we try Petty?  It's rare that a rookie qb is lights out from out of the gate, and if they are, they might end up like RG3 or others that started well and petered out. So what I'm trying to say is: to have a stable of young qb's and toss the dice with them can be a very time consuming process. And if you have more than one, you might give up on him too fast. Again, watching the Mannings in their first year they were horrible, and only their high draft status and pedigree gave them more rope. Any other guy would have been benched for someone else.

This might be the year we see what we've got even if Fitz comes back. I'm not saying we're doomed this year but we do have a tough schedule which means we could play well & still stumble badly in the 1st 1/3 of the year. If it's due to bad play at QB (Fitz? Geno?), one of these young guys is gonna get the ball.

Qbs with a pedigree get extra chances to prove themselves? What happened to that kid sims? Any young qb we have should be put into a pretty good situation to prove themselves with all the weapons we have now

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived