Let me get this correct,,,,,,,,,,,

SouthernJet

13 hours ago, dbatesman said:

There's a better-than-even chance everyone's getting fired in eighteen months, but starting Geno this season would certainly speed things up a bit.

When Mac came to the Jets Geno was the starter and Fitz the backup until Geno got smacked in the face for being a stupid punk. Which showed a lot in the way of his maturity and leadership, two qualities I don't believe he possesses. Plus, I don't think even Jerry Rice in his prime could make Geno a better QB because it is not the physical issues that bother me about him, it is the mental aspect. Poor decisions, poor taking of sacks, not being able to make quick decisions are all baggage Geno has and I doubt he can change it. I can see Mac and Todd wanting to see for themselves what they have in Geno, but what I see is a 6-10 season that alienates a lot of fans and you will begin to hear grumbling and a crack in the Jets foundation will begin to show.

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not arguing the fact, im stating that if Geno has a solid season and we make it to the playoffs that we'll hear similar talk just like what we heard with Sanchez, no matter what Geno does.

I disagree.  If Geno puts up numbers similar to what Fitz put up in 2015, and the Jets are a Top-10 Offense (as we were in 2015), only a ignorant would claim the QB was "carried" by his defense.

One wonders if you feel this way because Geno Fans have spent all season making that ridiculous claim against Fitz.

...unless he has some Cam Newton-type season and is awarded an MVP for it or something along those lines.

I don't think so.  Fitz-like numbers and a Top-10 Offense.  I.e. what we had last year.  

What is ultimately being said is, there will be some sort of excuse to discredit because the QB is Geno Smith.

Well, Geno fans are already claiming Geno won't match Fitz because of the scedule.  Some have made other excuses.

Presuming Geno plays, i think it'll be rather clear comparing 2015 to 2016 how well Geno did or did not do.

14 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I thought that Sanchez made some plays for us in the playoffs, could he carry the team, no, but he didnt need to.  I think if Geno starts he already has the built in excuse of strength of schedule.  Why I prefer wins, I wouldnt fault Geno for winning.  

Well, this is why I said "Wins", because people are already talking about built-in excuses. 

Well, if thats the case the Jets having the 2nd easiest schedule last year (Panthers with the easiest) and the Jets not even making the playoffs (While the Panthers took it to the superbowl) should say alot about who was the head of the team. We dont hear that though. But to be fair, if the Jets dont make the playoffs I could also see people making the valid argument about the schedule. The schedule IS f'ing crazy, not like that slap-dick schedule we had last season. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I disagree.  If Geno puts up numbers similar to what Fitz put up in 2015, and the Jets are a Top-10 Offense (as we were in 2015), only a ignorant would claim the QB was "carried" by his defense.

One wonders if you feel this way because Geno Fans have spent all season making that ridiculous claim against Fitz.

I don't think so.  Fitz-like numbers and a Top-10 Offense.  I.e. what we had last year.  

Well, Geno fans are already claiming Geno won't match Fitz because of the scedule.  Some have made other excuses.

Presuming Geno plays, i think it'll be rather clear comparing 2015 to 2016 how well Geno did or did not do.

Then you disagree. 

Archived